Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car is sleeping (showing Zzz on Tesla advanced notifications) why does it wake up whenever you open the boot or door?

It would be good to allow the car to continue sleeping until it is asked to precondition, heat, or drive - otherwise merely opening the door or boot to get something out should not wake up the car as every time it wakes up, it starts heating or doing other things which drain the battery.

·
Registered
675 Posts
because it takes a good few seconds to wake up, and generally if someone has opened the boot/door after it being sat for a few hours they're about to use the car. While it's only an extra 10s or so I'm already frustrated enough with the "sat waiting for the screen to respond" if I don't wake it with the app. So I'd hate having to wait even longer.
It's only about 15 minutes before the car goes to sleep, so I can't imagine it consumes that much power. If it really was an issue Tesla could just set the sleep time to 5 minutes for any subsequent wakes after the first sleep, that way checking the app or opening the boot would not cause a 15 minute wake time....I'm assuming it doesn't do this already ......

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd just be happy with it waking up so I COULD open the door. The number of times I've walked up to it in the work car park in the rain and had to start juggling my phone because it's asleep is embarrassing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd just be happy with it waking up so I COULD open the door. The number of times I've walked up to it in the work car park in the rain and had to start juggling my phone because it's asleep is embarrassing.
I sometimes find that if I come towards the car slowly and approach from the driver's side, the door opens more easily than if I run at it from the passenger side!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I sometimes find that if I come towards the car slowly and approach from the driver's side, the door opens more easily than if I run at it from the passenger side!
I walk 30 yards across a car park and approach it from the front. Then spend a minute fumbling with the phone and app to unlock it. I don't think your car should be surprised by you wanting to get in it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts