Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I know most electronics come from china but there is differences them making stuff for European companies that need to comply and them making their own branded icrap
Sounds like you're talking without knowing the facts...
I bought a type 1 plug back in September when I got my 62 Leaf and it is fully compliant with CE and BS norms.
Why on earth a company would build a cheap compliant item that keeps costumers returning and in parallel woul have not that much cheaper non-compliant similar item which wouldn't sell to most countries?
Does this makes economical sense to you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I saw some stuff advertised has certifications and ce marking whilst some doesn’t that’s all and the one posted above that I was looking to purchase hasn’t got ce marking mentioned just some low resolution pics of the certificates

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Unless it costs 2x that much then it wasn't made in Europe. All the cheap options from UK companies are just the same Chinese products that they bought in and added their markup to. That's probably also where most of the ones supplied with cars come from.

These things are pretty simple. I'll open it up just to check nothing is loose inside and all the crimps look good.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts