Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently had the wallbox pulsar installed and it only seems to charge at 5.4kwh rather than 6.6.
Has anyone had any similar issues with their Leaf that have the 6.6 onboard charger where it doesn't charge at 6.6kwh?

Thanks

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
My 6.6kW equipped LEAF charges at the full rate even when it is cold. How are you judging the 5.4kW - based on what is passing the charge point/meter or how much the battery increases in charge, which on mine is only around 5.8-6.0 kW.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the wallbox app whilst charging it shows what rate its charging at and it just doesn't go above 5.4
The engineer popped down earlier and opened the wallbox charger and had a poke around, made a change but its still the same

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
Presumably they checked the position of the current selector - but it must be a faulty unit.

Do you know if your car definitely charges at 6.6kW elsewhere? And have you had anyone else with a 6.6kW or greater charger try your Wallbox?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
230v x 25 amps = 5.75kW. Sounds plausible that rotary switch could be out by one position...
Or just the different setting at that point doesn't work.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Presumably they checked the position of the current selector - but it must be a faulty unit.

View attachment 137877

Do you know if your car definitely charges at 6.6kW elsewhere? And have you had anyone else with a 6.6kW or greater charger try your Wallbox?
Yeah he did check that and if i'm not mistaken hes moved that to 9

On the app it shows its charging on 25amps but they think it should be able to go onto 32amps but the app doesn't allow more than 25.
I've been passed directly onto Wallbox so just waiting to hear back from them

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
I'm not sure that I believe that. What maximum current and current limit have you got set on your App?

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Yeah he did check that and if i'm not mistaken hes moved that to 9
According to the diagram in an earlier post 9 is for load sharing installations - in other words where you have two wall boxes that will communicate with each other and throttle back automatically to keep the combined load below a certain amount.

If you only have one wall box this is probably the wrong setting, unless this mode is also needed to work with a power measurement clamp on the meter wiring. Did they install a power measurement clamp in your meter cupboard around the cable on either side of your power meter ?
On the app it shows its charging on 25amps but they think it should be able to go onto 32amps but the app doesn't allow more than 25.
I've been passed directly onto Wallbox so just waiting to hear back from them
I'm sceptical that the app would have a 25 amp limit - 32 amp charging has been the norm for years. Sounds like a slight fob off to me..

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,338 Posts
I wonder if that’s being read from the unit. If it’s got a faulty switch, so it’s set at 25A max it would make sense that the app lets you choose a slower charge rate but nothing higher. Wallbox should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the diagram in an earlier post 9 is for load sharing installations - in other words where you have two wall boxes that will communicate with each other and throttle back automatically to keep the combined load below a certain amount.

If you only have one wall box this is probably the wrong setting, unless this mode is also needed to work with a power measurement clamp on the meter wiring. Did they install a power measurement clamp in your meter cupboard around the cable on either side of your power meter ?

I'm sceptical that the app would have a 25 amp limit - 32 amp charging has been the norm for years. Sounds like a slight fob off to me..
No they haven't fitted a power measurement clamp

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like it should be set to position 7 then, not 9...
Yeah you might be right. Wallbox have said its needs to be set to 7 but i'm pretty sure the engineer had set it to 9 today

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
That's rubbish. I think that Wallbox need to answer some questions ASAP.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's rubbish. I think that Wallbox need to answer some questions ASAP.
Had an email earlier, they are going to send the engineer back to change the selector to 7

·
Registered
326 Posts
Had an email earlier, they are going to send the engineer back to change the selector to 7
Only just seen this. Mine was set to 6 instead of 7, so the engineer came back to change it. When he did and I fired up the app I was able to change the setting from 25A to 32A.
Hope you get it sorted quickly...

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
WTF did he do before then? Clearly he doesn't know what he is doing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts