Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
138 Posts
Actually it was a lot easier than I thought.
12mm MDF is very easy to work with. All the straight cuts are just done with a standard handsaw. The fiddly bits were done with a drill and fretsaw. And the carpet is thick enough to cover up any mistakes.
I got the mdf (2.4mx1.2m) from B&Q for 20 quid. They even cut it down to 3 sheets of 0.8 x 1.2 for me so I could get it in the car. The carpet was £12 from ebay. and £4 for spray adhesive.
So for under £40, that's a lot cheaper than buying the proper floor.

And the rubber mat was another £20 from ebay (I think it's from the phev version).

The only bit I don't like is the plastic boot edge doesn't look nice now, as it has the screw holes for the raised floor.
I do have a spare of this that I got off ebay (£18), so I might have a go at modifying it.

I do have to make sure that I can restore the car to original at the end of the lease.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done the same but for my 2020 E-Niro by ordered the parts from the Kia UK Dealer. The Floor is K85710G5200WK and rear panel is K85770G50000WK. They are special order and take 4/6 weeks. You can order them from any Kia dealership.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have done the same but for my 2020 E-Niro by ordered the parts from the Kia UK Dealer. The Floor is K85710G5200WK and rear panel is K85770G50000WK. They are special order and take 4/6 weeks. You can order them from any Kia dealership.
- have you got a picture of the actual Kia items please ? - I am considering all options currently

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have a price for those two parts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is fantastic info! Thank you all for posting. I think you’ve just made our decision between the Kia e Niro and Skoda enyaq much easier. The Kia has everything we want other than the boot space. This might have just swung it. Just out of interest, how much space do you think this adds to the 451l that Kia claim? Or is this space already counted in the 451 as it was always there?
thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,456 Posts
This is fantastic info! Thank you all for posting. I think you’ve just made our decision between the Kia e Niro and Skoda enyaq much easier. The Kia has everything we want other than the boot space. This might have just swung it. Just out of interest, how much space do you think this adds to the 451l that Kia claim? Or is this space already counted in the 451 as it was always there?
thank you!
I suspect they counted it as always there, since the PHEV is quoted as a smaller boot, and that space is full of batteries!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think Kia counts the whole volume in the 451 litre calculation. So I think with the raised floor that we get there's only about 350 litres of space in the main boot area. (the phev I think has a 'standard' floor).
I've lower the floor by about 10cm, so I recon that's nearly the whole 100 litres back.
There's still plenty of room underneath for all the cables and bits.

Although there is now a significant height difference between the boot lip and the boot floor, I've never cared about such things.

Coming from a Mondeo with a 540 litre boot, this boot is now much closer to that than before.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm starting to consider this, as I'm struggling to fit a stroller in there... small strollers are fine but a slightly bigger strollers with wider wheels are a pain in the ass to fit.

can anyone point to a link of the exact two pieces (with ref codes) I would need to order at the dealer? I know it would be cheaper to use plywood and do all the stuff by myself, but I'm afraid the end result will not be as satisfactory, probably with noises, vibrations or whatever.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
196 Posts
Try this

The Floor is K85710G5200WK and rear panel is K85770G50000WK. They are special order and take 4/6 weeks. You can order them from any Kia dealership.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try this

The Floor is K85710G5200WK and rear panel is K85770G50000WK. They are special order and take 4/6 weeks. You can order them from any Kia dealership.
I had tried to search for those references, but I'm afraid the only result points to this post.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had tried to search for those references, but I'm afraid the only result points to this post.
Rear Panel Trim - Kia (85770-G5000WK)

Floor Mat - Kia (85710-G5200WK)

Not sure how you get hold of them though? Someone upthread said the Kia dealers could get them for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm interested in getting these parts too but on all the sites I've checked it says the parts do not fit the EV Niro and I don't want to spend over £300 if they don't fit properly - has anyone got a picture of the installation?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm interested in getting these parts too but on all the sites I've checked it says the parts do not fit the EV Niro and I don't want to spend over £300 if they don't fit properly - has anyone got a picture of the installation?
My dealer is investigating about this before ordering them. He said the references are actually Kia original, so it should work, but just wanted to be sure

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah i forgot to update, the parts do exist, but they are referenced for older Niros MY17, so yes, they could order them, but can't guarantee they will fit. And I'm not planning on gambling about 400€ xD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems the part is no longer available, as my order was canceled today... so thats a bummer
I ended up building a custom floor mat myself, heavily inspired by this video:

I used 12mm MDF and cut them into two 40cmx101cm pieces.

Covered with a 6mm thick rubber mat i bought for around €30 (Norway is quite expensive), glued it and stapled on the underside. Link to rubber mat (Norwegian site)
Forgot to take anymore photos during constriction I'm afraid :(

The outermost sheet (by the door) has to be somewhat rounded from around 36cm to 40 ish in the middle.
I spent around 3-4 hours in total, with some help from my dads power tools :)

Result (totaled to around €70):

Quite pleased with the result, at least given the effort. Its very sturdy, quite heavy and also made the car significantly less noisy when driving at higher speeds.
The rubber on the underside also ensures no rattling whatsoever, which is nice :)

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021
38 Posts
Just done this (partially) by removing both foam trays to leave a big circular hole underneath the boot floor, ahead of a camping trip next week. This hole I can fill with squashy stuff like sleeping bags and blankets, before filling the plastic trays with smaller things and then replacing the boot floor. I will put the cables in last as I don’t want to unload the luggage to get to them if I do need to charge en route. When all four of us go away for a 2 week trip later in the summer I think we’ll take the plastic bits out too to fit suitcases in better. Seems like quite a flexible solution to me: “normal” for everyday shopping trips when the boot floor is high and easy to put things in; “partial” as I just did for making a little extra space when needed; and “maxi” when you need a huge space.
Great tip whoever first discovered it!!
There are also two storage cubbies either side of the boot nearest the entrance. On the right you clip off a plastic “lid” and this fits the tyre goo and a screwdriver that randomly came with the car (was this intended for removing the boot bits I wonder?) and the towing eye fits in a cubby on the left. Still easy to access if you have luggage.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts