Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

Thinking to instal a home charging point, so far looking up for a Rolec 7kw charging point witch will cost about 295 pounds with olev grant or a pod point 7kw as well but that will cost 360 pounds with the grant. Can you advise me please which is the best option for the money? or if there are better charging points at the same price or cheaper? I have a BMW 7.7kw battery so I will be ok with a 7kw charger.

Thank you

·
Registered
479 Posts
Do you mean 7.7kw battery or is that the max charge rate? What car is it?

Either will do the job, I have to say the installation of my pod point was done very well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rolec price for the 3.6 and 7.2 are both the same so makes sense to go for the 7.2 for future proofing.
Bear in mind that if it’s an outdoor installation, it’s normally an extra £50 for an Earth rod.
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for replies
I think I will go for a pod point 7kw is the same 360 pounds as a rolec 7kw with Earth rod but has more positive reviews and 3-year warranty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you need to be able to fully charge from flat within one hour? If not, then a 3.6kW charging point (which will recharge your 7.7kWh battery from flat in just over two hours) may be suitable.
225xe is a PHEV with a 3.7KW on board charger, so the only advantage of a 7KW EVSE is future proofing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our PodPoint was installed efficiently and neatly, although a week later than the first date given. Installer turned up bang on time and was knowledgeable, helpful an friendly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts