Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 3 pin to type 1 cable and wondered if anyone here had one that needs a need home?!

I鈥檓 not in a position to get a home charging point installed so looking for a granny cable as a means to an end as I currently have a hybrid I鈥檓 not charging 馃槀

Also - my work place has a tethered type 2 Tesla charging point. I have a type 1 to type 2 cable so I thought this would connect but it doesn鈥檛?! Is there a safety mechanism I鈥檓 missing because the charger could be too powerful or something?!

thanks in advance!

Registered
Also - my work place has a tethered type 2 Tesla charging point. I have a type 1 to type 2 cable so I thought this would connect but it doesn鈥檛?! Is there a safety mechanism I鈥檓 missing because the charger could be too powerful or something?!

Thanks in advance!
Yes, this is a safety mechanism to stop tethered leads being extended.

The T1 - T2 cable will only work with untethered chargepoints.

Registered

Registered
Leaf 24 kWh is also type 1, may be 2nd hand ones on eBay. Screwfix may have some.
There may be a compact adaptor that converts your type 1 car socket to look like a type 2 one, which would get the type 2 tethered cable working. The electrics are compatible, just the housing and a resistor or 2 and a switch that changed. Officially any adapter is frowned on, but ...

Also, check the Classifieds on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts