Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i3 60ah bev, solar orange
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My i3 bev came back from a service and the motor tray has broken away from it's mounting points. Dealer has quoted £100, seems a lot for a sheet of plastic, does anyone know the part number or where I can source the tray myself?
Or is anyone breaking their i3?

Cheers

Gareth

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
If it just a plastic protector just gaffer tape it!

i had a black sheet of plasitc at the back of my mondeo that kept dropping down as the grommit things were rubbish - cable tied it up and its was still there 100k miles later

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i had a black sheet of plasitc at the back of my mondeo that kept dropping down as the grommit things were rubbish - cable tied it up and its was still there 100k miles later
Good idea

Zip-ties are a good tip thanks, assume it wouldn't fail an MOT?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,400 Posts
Good idea

Zip-ties are a good tip thanks, assume it wouldn't fail an MOT?
No. My former VW Passats passed MOTs for 10 years with the engine undertray zip tied on at four points. Much the best way to secure them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gareth
Did you have any joy with the cable-ties or did you replace the whole thing in the end.
Mine's just fallen off too - looks like it maybe beyond cable ties so keen to find one that doesn't cost £100!

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks
Paulo

Hi all

My i3 bev came back from a service and the motor tray has broken away from it's mounting points. Dealer has quoted £100, seems a lot for a sheet of plastic, does anyone know the part number or where I can source the tray myself?
Or is anyone breaking their i3?

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Gareth
Did you have any joy with the cable-ties or did you replace the whole thing in the end.
Mine's just fallen off too - looks like it maybe beyond cable ties so keen to find one that doesn't cost £100!

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks
Paulo

View attachment 140416
Hi

I drilled a few holes in mine and zip-tied it. Had MOT a couple of weeks ago and nothing mentioned.

Where the undertray screws into a metal flange, there's some nylon/poly square nuts to receive the screw, I pulled these off the flange which left a hole perfect for a zip-tie to be fed through.

I see a couple of salvaged undertrays on ebay for around £60

I'm ok with the cable-ties for now, checked them today and all still fine - no wear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I drilled a few holes in mine and zip-tied it. Had MOT a couple of weeks ago and nothing mentioned.

Where the undertray screws into a metal flange, there's some nylon/poly square nuts to receive the screw, I pulled these off the flange which left a hole perfect for a zip-tie to be fed through.

I see a couple of salvaged undertrays on ebay for around £60

I'm ok with the cable-ties for now, checked them today and all still fine - no wear.
Thanks, I'll try that. The ones on ebay look different. Will investigate - thanks for the link. Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts