Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're after a Nissan Leaf 30kwh as our second car if anyone on here is thinking about moving one on.
Plenty of 24kwh out there, but would prefer the additional range of the 30.
Would prefer Tekna and less than 50k miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We're after a Nissan Leaf 30kwh as our second car if anyone on here is thinking about moving one on.
Plenty of 24kwh out there, but would prefer the additional range of the 30.
Would prefer Tekna and less than 50k miles.
I've just sent you a PM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I've been looking for a while now but have noticed quite a difference in battery health on very similar age/mileage cars.

I'm generally looking at 2016 models with 30 to 50k miles. Some still have 12 bars, some only have 9!

What is the reason for this? Is it the way they've been driven, charged or both?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,678 Posts
There is definitive age related degradation of 3% a year.
Those left at high state of charge for long also have additional degradation due to li-ion accumulation at anode (if I’m not mistaken).

BMS firmware iterations also calculate health different and Nissan has issued updated to correct them. Not much data is available on whether it makes a real world difference but should prevent warranty claims.

I picked up 66 plates Leaf 30 with 4k miles with 91% health. BMS update pushed it to 96%.

Today the car has 45k miles and 88% health. There is no official data on first bar going at C 85%. From posts here folks have it disappear after 82%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts