Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to get my new car on Wednesday, with it supposed to arrive at the dealers on Monday according to Kia's order system. Transporter arrived on Monday and my car wasn't on it.

4 days later, the Kia order system still says Monday (i.e. that it arrived), and despite repeated attempts by the dealer to sort it out, no-one still seems to have any clue as to when it might turn up, or even where the hell it is.

So if you see a lonely unregistered Kia Soul apparently lost somewhere, let me know - it might be mine!. :confused:

Very very frustrating - I am on holiday and was looking forward to getting out and about in it. It will no doubt arrive the day before I go back to work.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was supposed to get my new car on Wednesday, with it supposed to arrive at the dealers on Monday according to Kia's order system. Transporter arrived on Monday and my car wasn't on it.

4 days later, the Kia order system still says Monday (i.e. that it arrived), and despite repeated attempts by the dealer to sort it out, no-one still seems to have any clue as to when it might turn up, or even where the hell it is.

So if you see a lonely unregistered Kia Soul apparently lost somewhere, let me know - it might be mine!. :confused:

Very very frustrating - I am on holiday and was looking forward to getting out and about in it. It will no doubt arrive the day before I go back to work.
Sounds like a huge mess up the dealer. Go in and demand compensation or similar - you've already paid them for something they cannot deliver. Ask for a loaner car until they either deliver or refund you.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
That sounds like a right mess. I would give them until Monday to give you more info, and then start venting only if they don't deliver.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me, I have expressed my displeasure and the dealership appear to have been doing everything they can for me. The issue is with the Kia Delivery Centre, Kia UK

To be honest, I would not have had a problem with it at any other time, because I would be working anyway, and whenever it arrived, all's good. The only issue is that I am on holiday this week and next week - we can't fly anywhere because there is some kind of virus going around, so I was really looking forward to getting out and about in my new car. In the event, by the time I get it, it will nearly be time to go back to work - that's the frustrating thing about it - its really messed up my time off and been really deflating.

But we do have news now - I have a screen shot of the order system showing the confirmed 'Assigned to Load date' as yesterday having had the date it came out of the workshop at their end at Thursday. This is despite Kia UK promising the dealer director on Wednesday that it was due to be assigned to load that very day, when it hadn't even gone through the workshop. There is not a rush in them it seems.

Not sure what 'Assigned to Load' means because it is estimated to still not roll out the door until Tuesday, to arrive at the dealers on Wednesday. The dealers have promised to drop everything and turn around its PDI immediately. No doubt though, with my luck, the transporter will rock up at 5.25pm and I won't get to pick up until Thursday.

Frustrating doesn't cover it. I've been climbing the walls. But I reckon I owe the sales lady a drink - she's done her best for me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do check over the car thoroughly - more than usual. Sounds like they may be rushing it.

Ask them for a courtesy car in the meantime so you can at least drive around?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
Wonder if someone has pranged it and it's 'lost' as it would mean owning up.... I'd definitely insist on a loan car while you are waiting. Free services are always easiest to get rather than actual folding compensation.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder if someone has pranged it and it's 'lost' as it would mean owning up.... I'd definitely insist on a loan car while you are waiting. Free services are always easiest to get rather than actual folding compensation.
I did wonder that and will be checking it over thoroughly, don't worry.

Don't need a loaner though, my wife's car is seeing us ok in the interim.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
Have fun and let us know how you get on!

Reactions: DSLRed
1 - 9 of 9 Posts