Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely accidentally leave my turn indicators on by accident. This is more to do with the self-cancelling then any skills on my part!!! However, I did manage to leave my left turn indicator on by accident recently and to my surprise a warning popped up on the driver info area.

Now this may well be in the manual and I confess to not remembering the manual content very well (although I have read it cover to cover... honest!) so I wonder how many other new features I will discover by accident?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
In a lot of cars leaving the indicator on will enable parking lights, (one side light and rear light on whichever side is selected by the indicator) The Ampera has a slight difference if you leave the indicator on and turn off the ignition nothing happens, but if you turn the indicator on after the ignition is off, then you will enable parking lights.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW The warning I am talking about is if you leave it on when you are moving.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
ahh that's different, nope not seen that one. must be quiet a while? I have on occasions left an indicator on long than I have needed but not seen any warnings.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

I think it does need it to be on for quite a while... I was well away from the turn so I have no recollection as to how long it must be on for to trigger the warning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts