Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a peculiar warning message yesterday. I was trying to charge up on a CYC charger and it just wouldn't start charging, despite my RFID card being accepted and authorised. The charger read "ready to charge" but delivered no current. The charging lights were flashing to indicate it was charging. I thought I may have the home-only charging option switched on so pressed the button to switch it off. No immediate change then I got this message in the screen.

Convinced this was a mistake, I reset everything by switching off and restarted the charge, same message. So I had enough charge to make it home and tested it there with my home charger. No issues and charged straight away. Phew, must be the charger and not the car.

Has anyone else had this issue before? And if so, did you go to your dealer to check it out?

For info, the car was serviced in September at my local Nissan dealer so its software is up to date.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,695 Posts
I have never experienced this, but having a quick look in the owner manual, page 2 - 30 ( 10. EV system warning) states you need to take it to your dealer to get it checked out.

Apparently it comes on in conjunction with a very low power battery warning.

If the warning persists, then probably best to follow the advice in the manual.

·
Registered
183 Posts
@RobMac I had the identical message several months ago (29th Aug to be exact, just checked my phone) and took a photo of it fearing the worst, thinking I'd need to report it precisely. It was while trying to start a charge on a faulty Pod Point unit at my local supermarket, where the power kept coming on intermittently. After a couple of failed attempts at continuous power I got that message. I unhooked, turned off, worried a bit and waited a few minutes. Then when i turned the car back on, the message had gone and hasn't returned since.

Thinking about it now, around that time the app stopped working (since sorted at the dealer, quite a protracted thing) but I don't know if the two are related. I've had no further problems or related messages.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply Dave. I look in the manual, which I've downloaded onto my phone and couldn't find anything. It's not the easiest pdf to search. I'm due a full charge up to 100% soon that'll hopefully balance everything. And I'll monitor it from there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
132 Posts
This is the same message I got whilst charging at a Polar charge point in October. There was a spark causing the rapid to trip (locking the cable into my car). After calling Polar to unlock the cable, I was unable to start the car again. Had to call Nissan assistance out but they were unable to do anything as it was an HV issue, resulting in the car having to be towed to the local dealership. See my other thread about the shenanigans caused as a result of the breakdown. Car ended up having to go the the Gateshead facility for repair - still not exactly sure what the cause was...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts