Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at Woodall Services last week for a charge. As I had a lot of work to do I stayed in the services (buying food and drink) but I hadn't realised there was a 2 hr time limit...until I got a pcn in the post today.

Thankfully a helpful lady is sorting it out for me from the services. She advised that in future I should inform them so they can make a note on the system.

Lesson learnt!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Well, it appears as if it has now changed... this is from the Electric Highway web site...

What happens if my battery is very flat and I need to stay longer than the two hours ‘allowed’ to charge up?
At all motorway service areas car parking charges will apply as normal after the allocated free period. If you have any questions about how to pay for parking, please contact the motorway service area where you will be charging. If you need to stay longer please ask to speak to the site duty manager.
I am hugely disappointed that Ecotricity haven't informed us of this change of policy.

If it is Welcome Break I would be challenging that on the grounds that the policy has changed without us being informed.

If it is not Welcome Break then I am afraid that it is probably difficult to get out of :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
Btw, Woodall services are doubling RC. I had a very big problem yesterday night, both sides were marked as working on the few websites and both were off because of upgrade. Reached the next services (13 miles away) with --- on the RR, turtle still didn't go on:) Ecotricity removed type 2 chargers.. IMHO type 2 still very handy, I've been using them on Hopwood services as RC is down there for a while now...

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
I got one from Welcome Break Corley because of my visit to the Rapid Charge Launch. I'm not having a good week.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have let me off but next time have to inform them...if there is a next time. When did they remove the type 2s?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I guess it makes sense as using rapid chargers means that people should not have to be at service stations for more than 2 hours and that limit applies to all cars.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw, Woodall services are doubling RC. I had a very big problem yesterday night, both sides were marked as working on the few websites and both were off because of upgrade. Reached the next services (13 miles away) with --- on the RR, turtle still didn't go on:) Ecotricity removed type 2 chargers.. IMHO type 2 still very handy, I've been using them on Hopwood services as RC is down there for a while now...
Which services have they removed the type 2s?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I stopped at Woodall Services last week for a charge. As I had a lot of work to do I stayed in the services (buying food and drink) but I hadn't realised there was a 2 hr time limit...until I got a pcn in the post today.

Thankfully a helpful lady is sorting it out for me from the services. She advised that in future I should inform them so they can make a note on the system.

Lesson learnt!
I got caught like this at the same services last year. I plugged into the 22kW charger as the rapid was busy, did some work, lunch, a couple of calls. 2 hrs 20 mins. Ouch.

Got advice from this forum to appeal and I did. I asked ecotricity to email me confirmation that I was one of their card holders and that I'd used their chargers. They did and the welcome break parking folk quickly dropped the penalty notice on the back of the deal that they have with ecotricity. Unless and until ecotricity remove the text on their website there shouldn't be any problem in successfully appealing a PCN.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shame they've removed them :(

They're still listed on the ecotricity site.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think to place type 2 was step forward as now they're changing them to an additional RC, you don't need to apply for plan permission again

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
They seem to apply for planning permission retrospectively anyway from what I have seen (posted nearby often months after the charger is installed).

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To be fair, I can totally see the rationale behind it. Just need @Mike Schooling to offer rapid charging as an aftermarket mod to the Ampera now :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts