Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone else is in a similar scenario..

The 8 year warranty for my Ampera expires end of May.

As Bellinger is now closed due to CV-19, I may miss the opportunity to get my CEL issue resolved by them (that may potentially be covered under warranty).

I have today spoken to Vauxhall on their 0800 026 0034 number, who have advised me that there will be some leniency around this ( I await the email to support this advice).

I have also been looking into extended warranty (12 months complete cover, 100XS for £760.78) :)
Need to see how well this is suited to the Ampera

See attachments.

Thoughts?

Best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Looks like a normal ICE extended warranty.
I like the not covered part that states

Its obviously meant to cover the 12V battery and any 12V battery charger with the car but a great get out clause for an Ampera, I can see this causing trouble if they are being picky when the onboard charger has a hissy fit. or the traction battery plays up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am in same position, but was happily in ignorance until you pointed it out - thanks.😀
Had just been basking in the thought of having extra 6 months exemption for mot renewal and not having to go through all the palaver of booking in the current situation.
In fact I have an additional problem as I have a lifetime warranty on the Ampera but it has to be reactivated every 12 months.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case anyone else is in a similar scenario..

The 8 year warranty for my Ampera expires end of May.

As Bellinger is now closed due to CV-19, I may miss the opportunity to get my CEL issue resolved by them (that may potentially be covered under warranty).

I have today spoken to Vauxhall on their 0800 026 0034 number, who have advised me that there will be some leniency around this ( I await the email to support this advice).

I have also been looking into extended warranty (12 months complete cover, 100XS for £760.78) :)
Need to see how well this is suited to the Ampera

See attachments.

Thoughts?

Best regards
Following my call to Vauxhall, below is the email confirmation (extract):

Case Reference Number: 31829720

Dear Mr Smyth,

Thank you for contacting Vauxhall Customer Care, regarding your Vauxhall Ampera.

Further to our telephone conversation, you raised the concern that the issues you are experiencing now with your vehicle won’t be able to be diagnosed until the dealerships are re-opened, in which your warranty would have expired.

As advised during our telephone conversation, I mentioned that once the dealerships are re-opened, they will diagnose your vehicle and in the event that the repair could have been done under warranty (provided your warranty hadn’t expired) they will take this into consideration.

However, I cannot confirm the decision that they will make.

I hope this email helps answer your query, and helps you when the dealerships have re-opened.

If you do need to contact us further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 026 0034 or via email at [email protected]

-----

Quite loosely written and not confirming if they would honour the dealers claim. Perhaps the dealer can make the ultimate decision

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree that they could have worded it better but I think the intent is unambiguous and they'd fail in court if they tried it on.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Whilst I have no experience of Bellinger's, I wouldn't trust Vauxhall at all, and expect them to use every feasible reason possible to get out of any warranty claim, and if that fails, then to just deny any responsibility.
As for the clause in the extended warranty, whilst it may have been intended for the 12v battery, the fact that it could also be applied to the traction battery, and all the control circuitry associated with it, makes it worthless in my opinion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just for information, see below the response to my email enquiring as to the situation regarding 8 yr Battery Warranty and Lifetime Warranty which has to be reactivated every 12 months following an inspection.

Thank you for your email.

As we are unsure of how long the dealers will remain closed, we can only assure you that all of this will be taken into account regarding warranties and servicing when they do begin operating again.

If you have any issues that arise, it may be worth putting it in writing to the dealership so they have a log of when it was reported by you to them.

I do hope that this helps.

Regards,

Rosie Salter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts