Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is it a fact that the warranty is voided?
Just trying to clarify, but the garage selling it said there's no warranty so I assume the service interval was missed. According to Kia the car doesn't have to be serviced at a Kia dealership just as long as they are VAT registered and use genuine parts, so I'm amazed that if it's slipped at the garage how they would let this happen. Checked with Kia and the car has to recalls pending which would be done even if the car is out of warranty.

OPERATION LOGIC IMPROVEMENT - BATTERY LOGIC
SAFETY RECALL - EPB UPGRADE (BRAKES)

Also trying to see what has been replaced on the car during any services.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
152 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's showing 39 [email protected] 50-55% SOC, so the full range estimate would be 71-78 miles. That suggests the battery SOH is getting near replacement stage. Not a bad thing if the warranty really is valid, and you end up with a restored to 100% SOH battery.
The car you are talking about IS under warranty, but you really can't judge the batteries SOH from the display on the GOM... you have no idea how the car has been driven for the GOM to be displaying this, recent driving might be 2-3 m/kwh..

·
Registered
2018 Kia Soul EV
50 Posts
Is it a fact that the warranty is voided?
Towards the end of August I was trying to find a Kia Soul EV through Jonathan Porterfield. At BCA there was a car that I fancied that had it's last service in May 2019. I emailed Kia UK to query whether I could buy this car and get it serviced in August and keep the warranty valid. Their reply was that they had allowed some leeway but only until the end of July. After that date the warranty had lapsed.
I managed to buy a car that had been last serviced in January 2020, so the warranty exists.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Towards the end of August I was trying to find a Kia Soul EV through Jonathan Porterfield. At BCA there was a car that I fancied that had it's last service in May 2019. I emailed Kia UK to query whether I could buy this car and get it serviced in August and keep the warranty valid. Their reply was that they had allowed some leeway but only until the end of July. After that date the warranty had lapsed.
I managed to buy a car that had been last serviced in January 2020, so the warranty exists.
Hi Dave,

Yes I was told by Kia that leeway was given as long as the car was serviced by July this year... I still don't know yet the service status of this car and when it was actually serviced. But I assume the dealer has looked into it and it won't have warranty any longer. Although the only stipulation is that the car is serviced at a VAT registered dealership using genuine kia parts, so I'm curious and shocked that a dealership would not check the service status and do it themselves if required.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Courts would rule in your favour due to lockdown if you pursued any claim.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts