Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that a third-party warranty company "Warrantywise" are advertising in motorway service areas, getting people to worry about the cost of a head gasket repair.

DSC_0054.JPG

And they're using a photo of a Nissan Leaf in the advert.

So I did a bit of searching, and I found this, and this., and who wouldn't want a chrome tip for your Nissan Leaf's exhaust pipe?

Roll right on up and get your snake oil.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm pretty sure warranty wise don't cover electric cars....maybe this all changed with this poster!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm pretty sure warranty wise don't cover electric cars....maybe this all changed with this poster!
I thought the same so inquired online and found they do. Now they won't leave me alone. Does seems a bizarre choice to marry this picture with the head gasket strapline.

As I was stood at the Urinal I was greeted with the question "have you got a leaky gasket" fortunately the next poster had a solution of an oh so discreet incontinence pad. If only I had somewhere to hang my hat.

·
Registered
955 Posts
They do, and the image used from the poster is from their electric car page. Warrantywise EV warranty | Warrantywise

That means the gaffe is even less excusable, as someone at that company must have approved that ad.
well i'm impressed!

phone warranty companies a lot in work to get told Sorry Sir, Its not covered! one company had a list of cars they don't cover which I found quite amusing, as they will happily sell to customers who's cars are on the list!

·
Registered
331 Posts
My C Zero came a three month warranty, and I'm being pestered to renew it. But as it's tailored to ICE cars, I won't. If it covered the traction battery I'd consider it for a while, but not even the 12 volt battery in covered.

If anyone else with an Amazon account wants to review the chrome tip, fill yer boots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts