Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for those that have already seen my post on LeafTalk but I am trying to find what is required to use these chargers at Warrington Bank Quay Train station. I could't find it on any of the usual charging map sites. No information on National Rail under station facilities, just that the car park is operated by virgin trains. Virgin trains have not replied to my emails and the calls I have made I have been promised a call back but not recieved anything. According to this site they are installing wind turbines at some car parks to power the lights http://www.virgin.com/unite/business-innovation/park-it-virgin-trains and I am trying to track down the Mike Bones mentioned in the site in the hope he could direct me but no luck so far. A search under evolt finds a website run by APT with a map but there is actually nothing in Warrington according to that.

Do you present the card on the right hand one and then pick a port, will the cable be retained by the unit, if it gets stuck who do I call?

It's a bit too far for me to go just to try and test the cards I have in the hope they work so if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks
photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've seen some exactly like these in Ross on Wye. One of my PIP cards worked though and I got a 16amp charge from it. Think it was Midlands PIP but might now/soon be Source West.
Yes, I presented my card on the picture on the right station and it told me which one to plug into, (cannot remember now!)
Not sure I can be of any more help than that though sorry. take a card sometime and just try it even if not in your EV, then you will at least know if it is connected to the network and gives you an idea whether it will work or not.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will have to take the diesel next Wednesday and test it with the Ecotricity, CYC and PIM cards that I have. Last time I forgot the cards as they live in the Leaf.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sometimes use the stand alone version of these at Tile Hill station near Coventry, have used my Plugged in Midlands card, but I think that scheme ends soon?

Just show your card, it tells you which socket to plug in, then just show card again to unplug.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts