Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
a
My thoughts exactly.

4mm^2 to my garage would have cost an extra £5, if that, but could have then run at 32A.

So much for the new housing regulations, I mean if anyone in Gov had had the slightest clue about any of this they could have simply said "wiring to external buildings must be 6mm^2", and at least if there is no specific requirement for wiring EV charge points, this would cover the most of it and cost developers basically nothing at all.

But Gov doesn't know, doesn't understand, and doesn't give a flying F*k as far as I can tell, All lip service and no balls.
And the consumer unit is in the middle of the house with no outside access to electrics either :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Commando socket installed for the ohme so now so just got to wait for the imminent switch date, yada yada... Thanks for everyone help :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I apologize for the completely off-topic reply, but I was reading through this thread today and noticed your avatar - is that from Eve Online...? :D
Nah, that's me in The Maldives last year :) I could buy a really nice EV if I stopped going there :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Octopus for electricity but trying to figure out what might be cheaper for gas. Ebico or Octopus Tracker? Cheers

Ebico
Unit rateN/A1.9800p per kWh
Standing chargeN/A25.98p per day

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Cool, Ohme ordered and ended up going with Ebico for gas as 43% cheaper than the EDF Go Electric rate! I vow never to do dual fuel ever again...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Octopus installing the smart meter next week then hopefully on Go for Oct. Assuming my crappy EV passes it's MOT today it will all be worth it, lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Octopus installing the smart meter next week then hopefully on Go for Oct. Assuming my crappy EV passes it's MOT today it will all be worth it, lol.
How long have you been with Octopus.

I've been with them about 4 months and still no Smart Meter...

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Nah, that's me in The Maldives last year :) I could buy a really nice EV if I stopped going there :ROFLMAO:
You might be in luck this year... I hear international holidays are risky business at the moment... :p :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
How long have you been with Octopus.

I've been with them about 4 months and still no Smart Meter...
Barely a week, lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You might be in luck this year... I hear international holidays are risky business at the moment... :p :ROFLMAO:
lol no chance of holiday in the Maldives for a year or two now. The C-Zero passed its mot so will live on for another year :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Following the switch, I just registered for Go on the website then emailed them on hello@octopus.energy and got a quick response. Very impressed as I tried for over a year with EDF...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Following the switch, I just registered for Go on the website then emailed them on hello@octopus.energy and got a quick response. Very impressed as I tried for over a year with EDF...
Did exactly the same. I followed up a couple of months ago and they put me on the tracker tariff until the meter install happens. But since then heard nothing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Smart meter installed today, only joined Octopus on the 29th Aug! Brilliant service. Tried for over a year with EDF lol.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
heh thats pretty rapid.

I've already run into issues with them because they (or someone) have mixed up the registers on my E7 meter. Seemed to be nice and responsive to start with and now i've had a week of silence. And ofcourse, because they've made an arse of it, i'm also still waiting on a final bill from the previous supplier.

Kinda pissed off actually, as i switched in part due to getting a bit fed up with Bulb's tardy responses to email, and now i'm getting more of the same.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
heh thats pretty rapid.

I've already run into issues with them because they (or someone) have mixed up the registers on my E7 meter. Seemed to be nice and responsive to start with and now i've had a week of silence. And ofcourse, because they've made an arse of it, i'm also still waiting on a final bill from the previous supplier.

Kinda pissed off actually, as i switched in part due to getting a bit fed up with Bulb's tardy responses to email, and now i'm getting more of the same.
Hmm, not good. Hopefully, it all gets sorted quickly.

Should get a final bill and refund from EDF shortly, though why they just had to sneak out another DD is beyond me when you have more than sufficient credit... Funnily enough, during the switch not only did EDF send out the usual begging letters to stay with them they also offered £100 to stay.

But the reality is I've almost halved my gas unit rate saving £30pm, the £50 from Octopus plus the lower electricity unit rates blows the £100 bribe out the water :)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts