Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Renault Zoe R135 Iconic
1,283 Posts
As above, there was never a Chademo option. There were however rapid charge options.

Q210 22kWh and Q90 40kWh supported AC Rapid of up to 43kW speeds.

The new ZE50 has optional CCS DC support.

All other Zoes support AC of up to 22kW.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As above, there was never a Chademo option. There were however rapid charge options.

Q210 22kWh and Q90 40kWh supported AC Rapid of up to 43kW speeds.

The new ZE50 has optional CCS DC support.

All other Zoes support AC of up to 22kW.
Yup! and just to add, 43kW AC may only seem slightly less than 50kW DC.. it was far from it. My ZE40 Q90 felt ridiculously slow compared to my 24/30 Leaf Chademo.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yup! and just to add, 43kW AC may only seem slightly less than 50kW DC.. it was far from it. My ZE40 Q90 felt ridiculously slow compared to my 24/30 Leaf Chademo.
AC43 Actually isn't terrible. You just have to satisfy the requirements in order to get a fast charge out of the Q90 Zoe. Plug in with a low battery that's warmed up from a good drive. You'll charge at 43kW (Before losses) for the majority of the time charging.

I Originally thought it felt super slow too, but once I worked out that it had a bigger battery than my old LEAF, and that the quoted time remaining in the car is for all the way to 100% Including cell balancing time. In reality if you race a Q90 Zoe and a 40kWh LEAF (Even with the RapidGate fix applied) from 20-80% the charging time will be similar for each.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,288 Posts
AC43 Actually isn't terrible. You just have to satisfy the requirements in order to get a fast charge out of the Q90 Zoe. Plug in with a low battery that's warmed up from a good drive. You'll charge at 43kW (Before losses) for the majority of the time charging.
I had a Q90 for four days and it charged at a maximum of 36kW at low SoC, and throttled back quite early. Only about 15 minutes quicker to 80% than an R90, which only charges at 22kW. Sure you’re not thinking of a Q210 or Q240?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,288 Posts
Reactions: proddick

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I had a Q90 for four days and it charged at a maximum of 36kW at low SoC, and throttled back quite early. Only about 15 minutes quicker to 80% than an R90, which only charges at 22kW. Sure you’re not thinking of a Q210 or Q240?
No, definitely a Q90 since its a ZE40 and that's the only Q model to exist. I'm assuming the 36kW you're talking about was after losses? If so that sounds about right. By my calculations the fastest I've ever got into the battery is ~38kW.

If you unplug at or shortly before 80% you tend to make better time savings than just 15 minutes in my experience.

I accept that it's not great charging speed. But if you put it into perspective with a competitor like the 40kWh LEAF the charge times aren't far off each other since it also has a very similar rapid charge behavior despite being DC.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
There were Q versions of the ZE22, I had one.

I think that’s what was referred to previously.
I meant the only Q Model of the ZE40.
I Know the Q210 Existed as a ZE22, I mentioned this in the original answer higher up in the thread.

Sleep deprivation and forum posting apparently don't mix so well. I Know what I meant to type, but what actually ends up being posted doesn't do a very good job of explaining what was going on in my head!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts