Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

The best there is at what I do
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped into Ikea in MK on my way home and pulled into the charger bay where there was Mitsubishi Outlander on foreign plates, the Outlander was plugged into the CHADeMO but wasn't charging, the charger was on free vend so I just connected the AC and started my charge off then went into the store, first port of call was the toilets to empty my bladder then on the escalator I checked to make sure the car was still charging and it had stopped after 4 mins so I went back down to the car park to restart the charger, on arrival there was no longer an Outlander parked there, I have my suspicion over what happened but I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions, the restarted charge session worked fine. When an EH charger is on free vend you only have to press the button on the charger to stop the charge so anyone can walk up to the charger and stop an active charge session馃槈

Registered
Perhaps the best tip here could be that, once you start charging, tap the screen on the tab for the other cable. That way, someone has to deliberately change tabs before the stop button even appears.

Registered
Perhaps the best tip here could be that, once you start charging, tap the screen on the tab for the other cable. That way, someone has to deliberately change tabs before the stop button even appears.
If OP was using AC then it must be one of the old DBT (Ecotricity) Chargers, not one of the new ABB (Gridserve) ones. The software was changed by Ecotricity to only allow one session at a time so you can't select the other connector while you're charging. In fact, I don't even think with the current software that it even tells you which connector is in use for that active session.

I can totally see why the charge session may have been stopped by the other driver, and I don't think it was malicious intent on this occasion.

The best there is at what I do
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think they intentionally stopped your charge? If theirs was full, perhaps they thought they still needed to press stop to disconnect the chademo?
Yes I'm fairly sure they stopped my charge session, why they did it is not so clear, if I happen to see him/her again I'll definitely be asking the question though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts