Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had water behind the indicator lenses in the Ampera wing mirrors? I've seen the reports of the rear reflectors with moisture in them but couldn't find any reference to the mirrors with the problem.
One of mine has moisture in it within two weeks of delivery. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

20141023_093627.jpg 20141023_093551.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have MB S-class, had the same problem. First, unscrew the whole plastic part of side marker, dry it out. Usually you're getting it because of: 1) screws / bolts are not tight enough 2) you have micro cracks 3) seals failing of the transparent part.
On my MB the sealing between the door and mirror had been micro cracked and it was noticeable only when I was applying the polishing wax

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,612 Posts
I need to check mine too, but the hassle both Cara at MyAmpera and I are having with the dealership in getting the tailgate unit replaced I wont hold out much hope.
Just remembered my offside mirror has been replaced when it was clipped by a hit and run driver.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Checked mine last night. Wing mirror indicators are fine.
Back end of the car is awash with moisture. In fact I don't know that it ever dries out.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Ampera got delivered with condensation in both rear lights, I didn't see it so I signed for the car. It had to go back under warranty to get them changed over. Even now they still get condensation in them and I'm told by Vauxhall that this is ok. Basically this is another poor design floor.

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
My Ampera got delivered with condensation in both rear lights, I didn't see it so I signed for the car. It had to go back under warranty to get them changed over. Even now they still get condensation in them and I'm told by Vauxhall that this is ok. Basically this is another poor design floor.
The stupid thing is, the Volt does not (touching wood) suffer with the same, water in light problems, Vauxhall only change the front and rear bumpers and the rear lights. How did they manage to replace something with no problems with something that does:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts