Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my son who was in the front passenger seat asked if I had a bottle of water in the car as he could hear something sloshing around. I said no but his pointing out the noise focused my attention to it.

Today I though I'd look under the side skirt if that's where the issue was but noticed water drips under the door. Open door checked seals saw nothing so shut door harder than normal and the waterfall began between bottom of the door and the sill.

Opened door again and saw water coming out of a drain hole in the door skin. These drain holes have a small rubber bung in them, and the design is such with the weight of any water a built in flap allows water to drain out. Clearly mine has stuck shut with muck and my shutting the door harder had loosed it.

The water kept draining out at quite a rate for about two minutes. I'd guess at about four pints at least coming out.

The water is all from rainfall accumulation. Its not parked in any areas liable to flooding.

Think I'll go around and make sure all the other drain holes are opening as they should and maybe a squirt of silicon lubricant as well.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Had so much rain lately and the car’s permanently outside. I’m going to check all my doors now....

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Well done to your Son for his helpful comment.
I have never understood this idea of letting water into the door through the window bottom rubber. How waterproof is the inside of the door? Not very in my experience (although not of Ampera).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts