Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Waze what a brilliant GPS and useful for driver updates especially when in conjunction with Android Auto.

but does anyone else find it odd that when you set it up for your car and the fuel available are only Petrol Diesel or LPG ?

What is your favourite feature?

Reactions: Rei

Registered
Waze has good and bad points. Sometimes it gets a bit carries way trying to avoid traffic and sends you off on some bizarre route through the back waters. The amount of info it gives you though is unrivalled.

If they could integrate A Better Route Planner it would be fantastic.

Registered
Great route planner but some faults. Still hasn't updated the A1 which has moved a distance to the left in the North for several miles about 5 years ago. Waze still thinks you are off-roading for a mile and desperately barking directions about a U-turn when you are driving 70mph down the A1!!!
Also cross because it took me up a bus lane in Birmingham few weeks ago, I realised right at the entrance so turned around but still got the fine.

Registered
Great route planner but some faults. Still hasn't updated the A1 which has moved a distance to the left in the North for several miles about 5 years ago. Waze still thinks you are off-roading for a mile and desperately barking directions about a U-turn when you are driving 70mph down the A1!!!
Also cross because it took me up a bus lane in Birmingham few weeks ago, I realised right at the entrance so turned around but still got the fine.
You know the maps can be updated by users so there鈥檚 no excuse for out of date maps.

Registered
Owned by Google, IME not as sensible as Google maps routing but better crowd sourcing information, which I believe is now read across into Google maps for camera vans and disabled cars.

Registered
You know the maps can be updated by users so there鈥檚 no excuse for out of date maps.
I tried that on Google Map a few months ago: my office car park entrance is on the wrong road, and as it's a dual carriageway it makes it a pain for people coming to visit. Updates can be submitted by users, but they can also be thoroughly ignored by admins.

Registered
I tried that on Google Map a few months ago: my office car park entrance is on the wrong road, and as it's a dual carriageway it makes it a pain for people coming to visit. Updates can be submitted by users, but they can also be thoroughly ignored by admins.
I think it鈥檚 much better on Waze. That鈥檚 their whole MO.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
you can report it to Waze and in my case they checked out my suggestion within a week, might be worth a go

Reactions: cah197

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
It also now seems not to have any intergration issues with Android Auto, it was glitchy a couple of months ago but now seems to be OK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts