Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I've heard that waze is a good app for ev driver's.Ive down loaded the app on my Samsung Galaxy j3 but when I go into the menu it gives gas stations but not ev charging stations when you plan a route.Thanks in advance for your help.馃憤

Zoe Devotee
Alternatively use Google maps, and use the voice option and say "Ok Google, show me the nearest car chargers"

Reactions: Gerbro

Registered
Brilliant app Waze I remember using it when I was able to go places.

There isn't an option for an ev car in the menu only petrol Diesel or LPG now with the best will in the world there must be more EVs globally than LPG mobiles

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Alternatively use Google maps, and use the voice option and say "Ok Google, show me the nearest car chargers"
Brilliant app Waze I remember using it when I was able to go places.

There isn't an option for an ev car in the menu only petrol Diesel or LPG now with the best will in the world there must be more EVs globally than LPG mobiles
Thanks guys for the info much appreciated have a nice day and stay safe 鈽

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I use Waze all the time, get plugshare or zap-map and set waze as navigation default.
When you find the station you want on plugshare it automatically go to waze for navigation.
I already have have zap map installed on my phone but it doesn't come up on the Android auto when connected to the MG

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Ive down loaded plug share on my phone.Set up a trip from Great Grimsby to Bracknell were my partners brother lives and it shows all the charging stations on the route.This is brilliant as Zap map only shows a few as it works out what miles the MG battery does and only gives two or three charging points.

Registered
Waze is weird though, you can specify car type as electric with it promising to 'get routes great for zero-emission vehicles' but no way of changing fuel type to leccy. So feck knows what it thinks a great EV route is.

If I really have to use it then easiest way for me is to plot route/plan charging in ABRP > Share > Share to map > Open with: Waze

I'd rather use the built-in though; I've never gotten on with Waze, probably because I've used decent Garmin sat navs for years. To me, Waze has always felt like perpetual (google) beta software.

Oh & the fact google cock-block any other non-google navigation app on Android Auto other than Waze & Maps makes me dislike it regardless of how good it will ever be.

Registered
I ask for the nearest
Android Auto doesn't recognise either plugshare or map-zap.
But it works fine when the phone is not connected.
Google limit SatNav Apps on AA on InCar Screens to the ones they own. No other Apps are permitted to use the interface for SatNav. Hence Waze and Google Maps.

At least that is my understanding.

Registered
How does it respond to: "OK Google, show me the nearest chargers that are compatible with my car, are still working and I have the right RFID card for"?
It will give you only the chargers with compatible connectors but sadly you can't restrict the networks in the results.

(To get the compatible connectors open Google maps on your phone, open the left menu and select 'settings' then 'electric vehicle settings' and choose the plug types you want included. Those settings will then be used when searching for chargers on any of your devices.)

They do have the current status for some of the chargers, but not all.

Registered
I ask for the nearest

Google limit SatNav Apps on AA on InCar Screens to the ones they own. No other Apps are permitted to use the interface for SatNav. Hence Waze and Google Maps.

At least that is my understanding.
Thankfully Apple allows third party navigation apps. I use Tom Tom. But there are loads to choose from. Now Apple are allowing third party apps to be the default now as well in CarPlay.

Reactions: John Weatherley

Zoe Devotee
Thankfully Apple allows third party navigation apps. I use Tom Tom. But there are loads to choose from. Now Apple are allowing third party apps to be the default now as well in CarPlay.
Oh I think Android allow 3rd party apps in AA, the firms writing them need to pay for them to be added to AA and they are subject to certain measures.

Registered
Sadly not, navi is limited to Waze & Maps, here's the full list:

Literally 5 apps worth using.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts