Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many on here who use Waze as their preferred sat nav. A long standing request has been to get charging points added to Waze. The folks who develop the app are influenced by the number of votes that each suggestion receives.
Add Electric Charging station location info
If you would find this useful, please consider going along to the link above and voting for it. The suggestion is currently on the second page, at around number 33. If a number of people took a couple of minutes to vote for it (you can give it 3 votes in 1 click), that could make a difference to whether the feature gets implemented or not.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I voted for it, but that was several years ago and not a lot of movement since then. :-(
As well as this thread, I posted this in three EV-related groups on Facebook, and it was then shared to a couple more. #spam!

With that exposure, it's risen from 33rd in the list of suggestions when I originally posted, to 23rd just now. My plan is to repost those requests in a couple of months, as the EV driving population increases.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,316 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is now up to item 21 on the list but, crucially, is the top item on the second page. A little nudge, well actually a couple of hundred votes, would get it bounced to the first page.

I know a few on here are participants in other EV spaces on the web, including Facebook, LeafTalk, etc. Anyone willing to post a request for votes on those?
Add Electric Charging station location info.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
I've done my three. It is getting close to those in the page 1 relegation zone...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The request to add charging stations to Waze is now item 4 in the request list.

For those asking about Waze on Android Auto, it's apparently already available.
Currently (March 2018) neither Google Maps nor Waze are available on Apple CarPlay. Opinion differs about whose fault this is.
Either it's Apple, who allegedly won't allow navigation apps through CarPlay or,
it's Google who don't like the CarPlay Ts and Cs, so won't apply for authorisation.

Either way, the customer suffers :-(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
The request to add charging stations to Waze is now item 4 in the request list.

For those asking about Waze on Android Auto, it's apparently already available.
Currently (March 2018) neither Google Maps nor Waze are available on Apple CarPlay. Opinion differs about whose fault this is.
Either it's Apple, who allegedly won't allow navigation apps through CarPlay or,
it's Google who don't like the CarPlay Ts and Cs, so won't apply for authorisation.

Either way, the customer suffers :-(
Lack of CarPlay integration for Waze is very annoying. I hope they sort it soon.

Now let me see if I can up-vote the Waze charging feature - this would be an awesome addition!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I voted (3 votes). It would be something that might push me to do the android auto hack, if the sat nav would actually show me charge points.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
I thought apple maps now had charge points? It did have some the last time I looked but I don't know where it gets the data from.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I thought apple maps now had charge points? It did have some the last time I looked but I don't know where it gets the data from.
Yes, looks like it - but the information is fairly spotty and out of date. They don't even have the Tesla Supercharger near me that was turned on last year.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Given that other navigation apps such as TomTom also say
Unfortunately CarPlay features are not yet available to navigation app developers. As soon as this situation changes you can be assured that we will be investigating the opportunity to add support for CarPlay to our apps.
my money would be on it being Apple's fault rather than Google's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts