Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited to have my first EV coming in 3 weeks (e-Niro 4+)

I'm a voracious Waze user since it has got me out of so many jams over the past 4-5 years.

I'm wondering if anyone has any photos of how it renders for Android Auto on the built-in screen? I've heard it's not great. But how bad.

OR.... (duh duh DUUUUH!) - are the native maps and alerts ('instant' accident reports, closed roads, police sat at the side of the road) as good as I've found Waze to be?

Sidebar question - I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. The small one not the fancy one. I know I can charge Qi in the car apparently. But is it as easy as you jump in the car and it just magically appears and connects to Android Auto in a finstant?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,353 Posts
I haven’t got a cable to plug my android phone in for a photo right now but…. It’s fine. Android auto just doesn’t fill the screen, which is annoying. CarPlay much better…. But then I prefer iOS anyway.

built in nav is perfectly good if you need it but it’s a bit unintuitive. I treat it as a nice to have i case you’re stuck somewhere with no phone service. It’s Tomtom based so can have the classic tomtom tendency to try and take you down some sort of green lane track in some parts of the UK. I don’t understand why they’ve never been able to fix that. It is connected for traffic info but not a patch on what something like Waze can offer.

The Kia charger database is also total bobbins. Whole networks are missing.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Always use Waze. No manufacturer can match the always up to date maps and crowd sourced traffic info.

Reactions: Timbob_Wilts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always use Waze. No manufacturer can match the always up to date maps and crowd sourced traffic info.
Thanks for confirming. I was thinking I'll just have to put up with how it displays in 2/3 of the screen. Or do what I do now and mount my phone on my dashboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts