Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the ID.3 announcements is about the We Charge network, distinct from Ionity, with 150,000 chargers across Europe. Well how do you find them? Or is it that you just get a We Charge card to use at other charging networks? If so then does any know which?

The number of Ionity points in the UK is pitiful at present. None in Wales, not much outside the large metro areas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah We Charge just uses other networks. The german website seems to have a map:

But i don't like the service the way it is at the moment. If you buy an ID.3 you get to charge a bit cheaper at Ionity, fine.
But every other network is just whatever price that network charges you. So We Charge isn't really needed... I don't know about the UK, but most countries got charging cards with better deals.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah We Charge just uses other networks. The german website seems to have a map:

But i don't like the service the way it is at the moment. If you buy an ID.3 you get to charge a bit cheaper at Ionity, fine.
But every other network is just whatever price that network charges you. So We Charge isn't really needed... I don't know about the UK, but most countries got charging cards with better deals.
Thanks for that. As I expected very little in the UK, except for the few Ionity charging points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts