Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new version of the We Connect app 1.13.0 was released yesterday. Seems to be just bug fixes, I can’t see any difference.

Quick question.
Does anyone know how to change the air con temperature font size? I can’t read the number on my iPhone. Thx.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It’s an iPhone X. Might just min or max it then count increments :0)
Just tried this on my iPhone X as it has always been ok on mine.

Go to settings > Accessibility > Display and text size > Larger text.

Mine is set in the middle on the slider, but if I slide it to the right to make text larger then it looks like yours does in the app.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just tried this on my iPhone X as it has always been ok on mine.

Go to settings > Accessibility > Display and text size > Larger text.

Mine is set in the middle on the slider, but if I slide it to the right to make text larger then it looks like yours does in the app.
Perfect. Thank you.
It’s on my wife’s phone and you're right text size was set larger.
We are getting on a bit :0)

·
Registered
278 Posts
On a slight tangent with this, I thought the map part was supposed to tell you where the car is, so you can find it in a car park, etc. My car is away from home being brainwashed so I thought I would check that the dealer hadn’t taken it home. I ran up the app and the map shows the car sat on my drive - the dealer is 28 miles away.

The range shows on the app as the 90-odd miles I left it on, so it looks like it has gone nowhere (I didn’t really think it had of course), but the map looks like it’s a bit useless.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On a slight tangent with this, I thought the map part was supposed to tell you where the car is, so you can find it in a car park, etc. My car is away from home being brainwashed so I thought I would check that the dealer hadn’t taken it home. I ran up the app and the map shows the car sat on my drive - the dealer is 28 miles away.

The range shows on the app as the 90-odd miles I left it on, so it looks like it has gone nowhere (I didn’t really think it had of course), but the map looks like it’s a bit useless.
I've not checked but I think the map shows the location of your phone, not the car. There might be privacy issues showing the location of the car (even if it belongs to you).....

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've not checked but I think the map shows the location of your phone, not the car. There might be privacy issues showing the location of the car (even if it belongs to you).....
So what good is that then? Just like a poor man’s Google Maps?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,674 Posts
So what good is that then? Just like a poor man’s Google Maps?
Yeah, I’ve been trying to work that out as well, on my old e-Golf I could see where it was on the App, only when it was stationary though and not if it was moving.

I presume it’s another thing they might roll out when they add features to the We Connect ID App?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Other car OEMS have mapping software that shows the car location. My last Volvo for example.

I used to use it for the same reasons you suggest. It only showed a location when the car was turned off though, no live shots of going down the motorway!

I'm sure the functionality will come, baby steps for VW for now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We Connect ID has indeed really basic functionality.
I came from 2019 Tiguan where 'standard' We Connect could do many things like: display odometer, all 3 consumptions, service info, car location on the map. You could yank the horn, turn the hazard lights on, lock/unlock doors. You could export many things like routes, POIs, radio stations, podcasts etc from desktop web app to the car. Therefore I'm surprised such modern cars like all IDs have so useless app.

Reactions: vsmith1

·
Registered
VW ID3
31 Posts
We Connect ID has indeed really basic functionality.
I came from 2019 Tiguan where 'standard' We Connect could do many things like: display odometer, all 3 consumptions, service info, car location on the map. You could yank the horn, turn the hazard lights on, lock/unlock doors. You could export many things like routes, POIs, radio stations, podcasts etc from desktop web app to the car. Therefore I'm surprised such modern cars like all IDs have so useless app.
Indeed. At least let you check the status if locked or unlocked!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,168 Posts
The app for the Renault Zoe does show where the car is. Helpful when you forget where you've parked at a giant shopping mall.

·
Registered
ID.4 & ID.3
169 Posts
My daughter has a Polo so I have used the WeConnect app (not WeConnect ID) before and the information in it is quite significant. It has trip details, economy, status of the car (doors locked/unlocked, windows open/closed, etc.)......so much more than the WeConnectID app.

I was very disappointed when I saw what little info is presented in the ID version of the app.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm really hoping that we get to at least the same functionality in We Connect ID as we had in We Connect on my e-Golf. I'd expect more. I want more.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
59 Posts
The map feature really is rubbish - tried sharing google maps locations to We Connect ID so that I can sent it to the car, but it usually shows a completely different location!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts