Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at We Connect and it says the car is unlocked with the doors open. It is on the drive locked, doors closed!

has anyone else experienced this mis reporting?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, it's not been working for the past week. Although started working (for me) again this morning. If you email them, they do actually look into it and often find 'issues' which can resolve a problem at their end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many occasions the We Connect app has been wrong. I've learned to trust the car now in terms of scheduled charging and staying locked.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is being looked at remotely by a technician apparently. Is it still not working for anyone else? This sort of thing really makes me want to ditch vw for Tesla long term as remote access is a necessity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mines OK at the moment, and when I've checked this past week.
Petrol and EV range is showing correct. Just slow. Not tried other features.

·
Registered
196 Posts
After a week or so of not working (again) it started working again and is currently fine. The response from help desk thought I'd have to take my car to a dealer for a 'fix' and gave me the details of what to tell them (which program to run) but I didn't need to do it in the end. Useful info for the future though.

I find the connectivity seems to work ok for most of the time but every few months it will stop communicating for about a week and then sort itself out. Not sure if this is due to the hardware/software in the car or the VW servers as all Comms between the app and the car go via the servers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine, a Golf GTE, stopped connecting on the 9th Jan. Reported it to the We Connect team after a couple of days, but it then inexplicably just started working again on the 13th Jan. It had not recorded any of the journeys during its outage. The email from VW I got was that it needed to be taken in for the unit to be reset by the ODIS system that the workshops have.
It's been fine since, but I've probably just jinxed it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When that happened to me it was because the car had reverted to highest privacy settings so it didn't communicate location or anything else. Once I'd selected the primary user (me) then the connection was restored and everything worked again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts