Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well more precisely, it thinks its not connecting with the car.

When I send a precondition request with a departure time I get a message on the phone to say that its not able to connect to the car and reverts to the default settings for that charge location. However MOST times the request is accepted by the car and it heats up as requested despite what the phone says. So the e manager in the car is quite different from the information displayed on the app.

I have an outstanding technical issue related to this with the VW We Connect customer support who can't explain why this happens. Its not a location specific issue.

Anyone with similar experience and how it was solved? Its a 2017 car but with all the software upgrades.

Despite this gremlin I'm warming to this car 1 month into ownership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My car still does that. Other times I find departure times - which I have not altered - are set to e.g. 7:57 rather than 7:55 which I set. I believe VW don't have a clue how to write software for either the car or their "cloud" and as such it causes all sorts of failings. After two and half years of this abysmal software I've given up trying to use the app. It never works when I need it - during Winter fire up app to heat car for leaving in 20 minutes: "unable to connect".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts