Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing to enjoy and be amazed by the GTE as an engineering feat - feels like 2 cars in one.

Had my first we-connect problem last night - opened the app, refreshed, and it said the car was unlocked, 2 doors open and was not connected to the charger. All false as I went straight outside to check - all ok.

This morning we-connect is now saying the car is locked ok though says it's still charging and only has about half a charge on the battery - went to check the car, fully charged overnight as it should do.

So basically car is behaving exactly as it should though the app seems to be reporting a state from hours previous.

Just wanted to check this is likely to be a VW servers problem rather than anything else and will probably go away by itself?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,853 Posts
Continuing to enjoy and be amazed by the GTE as an engineering feat - feels like 2 cars in one.

Had my first we-connect problem last night - opened the app, refreshed, and it said the car was unlocked, 2 doors open and was not connected to the charger. All false as I went straight outside to check - all ok.

This morning we-connect is now saying the car is locked ok though says it's still charging and only has about half a charge on the battery - went to check the car, fully charged overnight as it should do.

So basically car is behaving exactly as it should though the app seems to be reporting a state from hours previous.

Just wanted to check this is likely to be a VW servers problem rather than anything else and will probably go away by itself?
Yep, just the App and backend servers at VW glitching.

I once walked back to my GTE in a car park because the App said it was unlocked, only to find it locked as I thought it should have been!

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
280 Posts
Just a quick point on this. With my previous ICE car (VAG car) I had the same issue only to discover that this heavily depends on the location of the car. Remember that the car communicate with the VAG server using a sim card build in. So if there is a bad area for the signal the data can be delayed. It is funny that if I parked my car in front of my house it was OK, but if I parked on the driveway (10 feet apart) I had the same issue as you. 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
App playing up for me since the recent update (yesterday). It says my car is unlocked, door opened and not charging, but the car is on my drive locked and charging fine.

I wouldn’t mind a glitchy app, but it’s winter and I can’t pre-heat the car through the app as it keeps saying there is a problem! VW please fix!! :mad:

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
I wouldn’t mind a glitchy app, but it’s winter and I can’t pre-heat the car through the app as it keeps saying there is a problem! VW please fix!!
Have you contacted VW support about this? I'd be very surprised if they frequent this forum, so asking them to fix it here probably won't achieve much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you contacted VW support about this? I'd be very surprised if they frequent this forum, so asking them to fix it here probably won't achieve much.
I will do if the problem persists... I just came here to see if anyone else had similar issues and ended up having a moan :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,853 Posts
In the past, these things have been sorted within a couple of days, not ideal but you can waste a lot of time raising it for no return...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Collected our Passat GTE a couple of weeks ago and We Connect worked fine for the first week. Since then it has crashed on startup every time. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling (twice) but get the same issue. I'm on an iPhone SE on IOS 14.2. My wife gets exactly the same issue on her iPhone 7 (using the same VW account). I can connect via the web portal and access all the functions OK. As nobody else is complaining I guess it's something specific to my account. Have emailed VW but no response. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

·
Registered
581 Posts
The VW apps and customer service were absolutely dire for the two years that I had a Passat GTE. Lovely car but let down by poor service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Collected our Passat GTE a couple of weeks ago and We Connect worked fine for the first week. Since then it has crashed on startup every time. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling (twice) but get the same issue. I'm on an iPhone SE on IOS 14.2. My wife gets exactly the same issue on her iPhone 7 (using the same VW account). I can connect via the web portal and access all the functions OK. As nobody else is complaining I guess it's something specific to my account. Have emailed VW but no response. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
yes I had this, same phone same OS. Can’t remember how I fixed it - sorry. Pretty sure I googled it or saw it on here though.

In fact I think it was temporary as it was a server side problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts