Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching battery life's channel covering the e golf he's currently driving and he mentioned this app. Thought ill give it a go mainly to see the battery percentage. It also gives you the estimated charge time remaining.

I downloaded the apk via the web as you will not find the app on the Play Store.

Its pretty limited in terms of features but may be a great way to monitor state of charge.

Hopefully they'll keep adding features us e golf owners can benefit from once they finally release the ID3.

·
Registered
107 Posts
From where did you download the app?

I was watching battery life's channel covering the e golf he's currently driving and he mentioned this app. Thought ill give it a go mainly to see the battery percentage. It also gives you the estimated charge time remaining.

I downloaded the apk via the web as you will not find the app on the Play Store.

Its pretty limited in terms of features but may be a great way to monitor state of charge.

Hopefully they'll keep adding features us e golf owners can benefit from once they finally release the ID3.

·
Registered
788 Posts
We're you using the existing (non-ID3) version of we connect before? I got as far as what I think was the final setup screen, but couldn't enter the code into the car. Wasn't gonna risk deleting my profile in the car and breaking the official we connect app just to satisfy my curiosity as to what %age I ran the battery down to today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was and I am still using it together with ID app.

I wouldn't worry about re entering the activation code. It did cross my mind that I could delete my profile but I risked it an lo and behold it drew my existing profile so I'm using both apps in parallel.

TBH i prefer having a battery percentage over the vague we connect battery bars.

·
Registered
788 Posts
In the car I only had the option to delete main user or create new main user. With a lengthy warning dialog box about transferring to a new owner. Was that what you had?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd also prefer the battery percentage. And I'm especially curious what it is right now!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I assume at some point soon the VW Connect ID will become the official app in the app store and the current app will be 'retired' - when the ID3 is delivered to customers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I deleted the main user then created a new one with the activation code on the app.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The web based version of carnet (not the app) shows battery charge percentage. That’s about all I use it for. It’s free but it lacks a few of the apps functions that you pay for.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The web based version of carnet (not the app) shows battery charge percentage
US version of carnet is different. European version just has a ten bar indicator rather than actual percentage on both web and app.

Is this an iOS app? I can not find it from the USA App Store.
Android. But it looks like it's only officially available in Germany, I had to sideload the apk using the link above. When I found it on the Play Store it was "not available in your country"

·
Registered
39 Posts
The battery state of charge (% SOC) in e-Golf can be viewed in free Car Scanner Elm OBD2 app (Android and iPhone), along over a 100 other parameters for battery and drivetrain. App works with any ELM327 Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, no code or registration needed. Remember to choose "VW e-Golf" in app settings (app has profiles for several EVs: Kona, Niro, Zoe, iMiev, e-UP, Ioniq, etc)

·
Registered
219 Posts
VW We Connect ID app now available in the UK Google Play store. It let me login with my old CarNet / We Connect details.
Seems to work quite happily with my GTE giving battery percentage.
Seems quite responsive / quick to load 🙂

·
Registered
219 Posts
Played with it a bit more - definitely much quicker to load and connection seems more reliable.
Functionality is limited - does not have ability to set departure times, does not have ability to see previous journey fuel consumption, has limited ability to set / limit charge current.
Will need to wait and see if this functionality gets added, or if this app only supports it for MEB based vehicles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I had to transfer ownership to myself with another CarNet activation code in the car, but both apps are working. Will see how development goes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts