Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the car yesterday and connected the We Connect ID app to the car (entered the VIN then scanned the QR code from the infotainment screen). Seemed to go fine, but the home screen just says hello and is blank - no options at all. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but it remembers the car and gives the same result. This is on Android. Any ideas folks? 馃檪

Registered
Have you tried clearing the application's cache after uninstalling/reinstalling it? Most apps retain some settings from previous installs.

Edit: In case you've not had to before - Go to Settings, Apps, find the app & click on it. Then click Storage & you should have a clear data and clear cache option at the bottom. Do both.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried clearing the application's cache after uninstalling/reinstalling it? Most apps retain some settings from previous installs.

Edit: In case you've not had to before - Go to Settings, Apps, find the app & click on it. Then click Storage & you should have a clear data and clear cache option at the bottom. Do both.
I hadn't tried that, so thanks for the suggestion. Still get the same result when I log into the app unfortunately. It feels like I need an option to de-link the car from the app and start again, but I can't see a way of doing that in the app. Maybe I can do it from the infotainment screen in the car or from the Volkswagen id pages on the website. I'll do some investigating. 馃檪

Registered
Does your car have a data connection with an active signal? Mine doesn't when it's parked up at home and I think that's why the app doesn't show anything.

Strangely enough the car says it has a 3g connection but as I'm yet to get the latest software, there's no WiFi it can make use of.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have solved the issue by resetting to factory settings on the infotainment screen. This disconnects the car from the app. You can then generate the QR code and the app now has an option to read it again. After doing this, all the charging and climate stuff appeared on the phone. Hurrah! 馃榾 And thank you to someone on the UK owners' FB group who suggested it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does your car have a data connection with an active signal? Mine doesn't when it's parked up at home and I think that's why the app doesn't show anything.

Strangely enough the car says it has a 3g connection but as I'm yet to get the latest software, there's no WiFi it can make use of.
Sometimes. I have found that even when it's not showing a signal, it sometimes connects and, for example, retrieves a We Connect ID QR code. Other times it's dead as the proverbial.

Registered
Have solved the issue by resetting to factory settings on the infotainment screen. This disconnects the car from the app. You can then generate the QR code and the app now has an option to read it again. After doing this, all the charging and climate stuff appeared on the phone. Hurrah! 馃榾 And thank you to someone on the UK owners' FB group who suggested it.
After reading this I went and reset mine to factory settings and now its works perfectly well!

Registered
After reading this I went and reset mine to factory settings and now its works perfectly well!
I am also having problems registering. Unsure if I am resetting the car in its entirety or just from we connect. Can someone confirm what should be reset?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am also having problems registering. Unsure if I am resetting the car in its entirety or just from we connect. Can someone confirm what should be reset?
You do a factory reset from the infotainment screen in the car. It's under Vehicle if I remember rightly. 馃檪 This breaks the link with the app and allows you to rescan the QR code generated in the infotainment screen with the app.

Registered
You do a factory reset from the infotainment screen in the car. It's under Vehicle if I remember rightly. 馃檪 This breaks the link with the app and allows you to rescan the QR code generated in the infotainment screen with the app.
That's exactly what I did. Worked a treat although you'll have to put all your personalisations back into the system.

Registered
I went through the factory reset to disassociate the connection to the handover guy at the dealers, and to go through the QR process.

At first, the charging and aircon settings were on the vehicle screen of the app, but promoted widgets onto the homescreen as soon as I plugged it in for the first charge.

I want to get the car associated with the wife's phone now... but without losing my connection.

Has anyone done that? With a separate VW Connect account, or reusing mine?

Registered
Because I had a previous car on my account (which was originally removed on the infotainment) the weconnectID app didn't like it. I called up VW to raise a case but decided it was easier to create a new account, this time round everything was added as per the car instruction.

Just waiting on more features now (y)

Registered
Interesting point. I currently have my eGolf connected via the WeConnect app. Have others had issues using the same account from an existing car to move to an ID.3 on the WeConnect ID app? Trying to weight up the options of setting up a new a account vs potentially wasting time messing around with my current one...!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts