Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

We Connect ID - But Not Very Well

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Michèle07 
#1 ·
This morning I set up my wife to use the We Connect ID app for our ID3.

First try involved downloading the We Connect app and going through the entire registration process to be told after I'd entered the car's VIN that I had the wrong app.

Second try involved downloading the We Connect ID app and repeating the registration process for my wife, password, PIN and all, only to be told that she can become the Primary User but I have to stop being connected at all. There is no option for a secondary user!

Third try, after Googling VW user forums, involves setting up the app on my wife's phone but pretending to be me. That works. So one user is allowed to use two phones but the app will not recognise two users of the same car!!!

The work-around that I found was dated 2021 and included an optimistic hope that this will be sorted out soon in a software update. Our car is on 2.4 so carry on hoping, guys!

#3 ·
You can have multiple profiles on 3.x but only a primary user and guests. In practice it's best if you are all the primary user. The whole user profiles thing is a waste of time.
On a positive note - the Android app has been updated today with a new back-end. It seems to be significantly snappier (especially the map) and when I tested earlier, it correctly sent a destination to the car within a couple of minutes. The response to initiating preheat also seems better. It's a pretty good app in my mind now.

#4 ·
You can have multiple profiles on 3.x but only a primary user and guests. In practice it's best if you are all the primary user. The whole user profiles thing is a waste of time.
Indeed, I just created one user profile and the wife logs into the same account on the VW app on her phone with no issues both logging in at the same time.