Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has experienced this in the We Connect ID App.

Just before my car succumbed to 12 volt battery drain. I experienced the following error on a couple of occasions while trying to pre heat the car using the APP. Not saying this had anything to do with the battery drain. Just wondered if anyone experienced similar?

“unable to carry out instruction - too many signals sent to car"

I had merely pressed "start". Never had that before.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pure conjecture, but feasible that the app is repeatedly sending the pre-heat signal to the car but it not getting a response or response is delayed, so it keeps sending. The car then get all these requests & send back a "stop" to the app.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the app talks to some central cloud servers, rather than the car direct - how else would it report your traction charge "now" when the car itself has a dead 12V battery?

Before the 12V died, I would tend to see the spinning circle in the app for a long time before I got acknowledgment/failure to start the pre-conditioning. But once I got the "too many signals" error once, then that failure would come back quickly on future attempts. Which is then surely an indication of a status in the cloud server, rather than a real attempt to try again.

On one occasion, I went to wake the car up, and set things up by hand (synced correctly with the app), only to see the error again once I went back into the house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts