Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been talked about but i'm struggling to find any helpful information, I picked up my ID.4 and have had nothing but bother with the We Connect App. first I couldn't register the car, I eventually got it working however on my Samsung I am unable to change the temp or view charging etc... (see attached screenshot) and on my Iphone the home screen is completely blank.(also attached).

I thought it might be a connection issue, however when moved the car into offline mode the App told me the car was now offline. Changing it back to online mode again it still hasnt helped.

Car shows in the garage etc.. and with the above happening i know the car is connected I just cant control anything.

Anyone have any possible fixes?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
I’m no expert and mines an ID3, but I had a similar problem.

What shows on the second tab (the car icon)?

In the end I fixed mine by removing the car completely and then going through the setup process again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car shows up, correct VIN etc.. can see options to change the air con, departure times etc... but you cant add departure times and the Air con doesnt sync. I was really hoping there was a way that I could use the app without having to factory reset the car again! :(

·
Registered
355 Posts
Car shows up, correct VIN etc.. can see options to change the air con, departure times etc... but you cant add departure times and the Air con doesnt sync. I was really hoping there was a way that I could use the app without having to factory reset the car again! :(
I’m not sure you need to fully reset the car, if I remember correctly, you can just remove it from the app or car interface and then add it back in.

I’ve had to do this a few times - sometimes after app update and also due to other errors that seemed to reset things

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll have a play around with it, may also plug the car into charge for the first time tonight (was delivered fully charged) to see if that gives the app a nudge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It also sometimes takes a considerable amount of time for the app to fully "display" all controls and data for the car. Waiting a day or two might magically fix this.
I hope you're right, it'll make it alot easier, I did see someone else say something similar, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
173 Posts
i had the same yesterday when I picked up my ID4. Couldnt get weconnectID to work.
Created the weconnect account (prior to collection)
Added the car... it then gives 2x QR codes.
first adds the vin number.
Then it wants you to get the data service (select the free one and dont use internet radio!)
you then connect to the car with a second QR code.
I also had some ID verification I had to do with IDnow (nothing to do with the ID cars)
then it was failing at the next stage of registration.

Spoke to customer support who were really good... its a bug they are working on (been there a couple of days and trying to fix)
They will ask you to take some snaps and send info through to them... and they can override the settings.

As I sat in the car to take the snaps, I was prompted with an update and after the update, we connect appeared to work properly!
I'm still sending in the info to them, because it will help if there is a problem.

So I would suggest just ring them, they are really helpful.
you should get a message that says opps in the app and ring that number.

oh dont forget to do a reset factory defaults and add the car again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had the same yesterday when I picked up my ID4. Couldnt get weconnectID to work.
Created the weconnect account (prior to collection)
Added the car... it then gives 2x QR codes.
first adds the vin number.
Then it wants you to get the data service (select the free one and dont use internet radio!)
you then connect to the car with a second QR code.
I also had some ID verification I had to do with IDnow (nothing to do with the ID cars)
then it was failing at the next stage of registration.

Spoke to customer support who were really good... its a bug they are working on (been there a couple of days and trying to fix)
They will ask you to take some snaps and send info through to them... and they can override the settings.

As I sat in the car to take the snaps, I was prompted with an update and after the update, we connect appeared to work properly!
I'm still sending in the info to them, because it will help if there is a problem.

So I would suggest just ring them, they are really helpful.
you should get a message that says opps in the app and ring that number.

oh dont forget to do a reset factory defaults and add the car again.
Yes! I had the exact same issue just trying to register the car onto the We Connect App, I parked somewhere were I had 4 4g bars showing and it worked. Might of been coincidence but it registered. still left with the problem above though.

I'll give customer services a call and see what they say.

Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Best thing I have found to do with issues with the app is to call them direct, I had a problem last week after using the app for 2 months without issue and then suddenly it would not let me in.
I tried to resolve via email and screenshots but in the end a call was much easier as it was sorted quickly..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you're right, it'll make it alot easier, I did see someone else say something similar, fingers crossed.
Looks like you were correct, literally 24 hours after I activated the car on We Connect ID it is now fully working.

Thought I'd post the update as I imagine I wasn't the first and won't be the last thanks for your help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anybody know if its a smooth move from current we connect as I currently have a Tiguan and am switching to ID4 next month?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody know if its a smooth move from current we connect as I currently have a Tiguan and am switching to ID4 next month?
Giving all the basic problems I've had probably not, I originally signed up for a VW account using the We Connect App instead of the We Connect ID app and I had to delete it and create another account for it to work.

I would say from what I've learnt, make sure you have 3 or 4 bars on the ID's 4g to pair it with the app. Once the car was paired with the app it took 24 hours for me to actually be able to use it with the car.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Giving all the basic problems I've had probably not, I originally signed up for a VW account using the We Connect App instead of the We Connect ID app and I had to delete it and create another account for it to work.

I would say from what I've learnt, make sure you have 3 or 4 bars on the ID's 4g to pair it with the app. Once the car was paired with the app it took 24 hours for me to actually be able to use it with the car.

Hope that helps?
Thanks for your advice sounds like I should probably just make a fresh account to avoid any problems then

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,685 Posts
I used the same account when switching from an e-Golf to an ID.3. It was pretty painless. You need to be patient when first adding the car, and as above, make sure you have a good 4G signal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had Tiguan and now ID.3 and can't remember having any problems with adding the new car and removing the Tiguan. All done in 'myVolkswagen' online account using my VW ID and obviously apps for the cars are different (WeConnect for Tiguan and Weconnect ID for ID.3 and ID.4)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts