Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 3 years trouble free motoring with my GTE.
It was due to be replaced in middle of June but I have extended the lease for 6 months until I have a realistic choice of replacement.

Meanwhile VW turn off the App.

They want to charge £85 and £55 for another years access to the App. I feel completely mugged.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I feel completely mugged.
Not as much as I did when part-ex GTE through change of circumstances, existing VW service contract no refund but I could transfer to new owner whom never sees address of former keeper on V5 now for them to check, remaining VW AA breakdown not transferable and VW extended warranty refund for 5 months remaining came down to 2 months by time administrative charges and only refunding whole months taken into account. "Dieselgate" and "Covid19" are going to have to be paid for:mad:

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,715 Posts
Would of hoped extending lease would haven given you access, it is one of those things I hate about the car business.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What sort of lease do you have? My pcp is set to finish in 6 months time, but looking at what’s available, and my absolute love for this car makes me want to hang on for it a bit longer if possible.

Is extending it an option?

Sorry to side track the thread

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,914 Posts
I kind of agree with not paying, unless you absolutely need the remote features, you can program departure times or pre-heats from in the car anyway.

It’s what I did with my early GTE that didn’t have the connectivity, but bizarrely did have self parking and lane assist.

I’m a creature of habit though, go to work at the same time each day, and so forth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not in that position thankfully and setting from the car is much more reliable. My We Connect has been telling me that my sunroof has been open for a week now - it isn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know its a First World problem but they have imposed this charge because they can. I have no set program to my work and I sometimes use Ubitricity chargers in the street and it is very useful to know when you are charged.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,319 Posts
What sort of lease do you have? My pcp is set to finish in 6 months time, but looking at what’s available, and my absolute love for this car makes me want to hang on for it a bit longer if possible.

Is extending it an option?

Sorry to side track the thread
I have just extended my PCP from the end of June for 6 months. I just asked the finance people and they agreed giving a schedule of payments and a new final purchase price which is exactly the original one less the total of the six extra payments.

I have extended the warranty for a year for £217. These are all financial or insurance issues so it now seems that I will loose WeConnect at the end of the month. That's annoying since my journeys are completely random and the remote pre heating is great in the winter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have just extended my PCP from the end of June for 6 months. I just asked the finance people and they agreed giving a schedule of payments and a new final purchase price which is exactly the original one less the total of the six extra payments.

I have extended the warranty for a year for £217. These are all financial or insurance issues so it now seems that I will loose WeConnect at the end of the month. That's annoying since my journeys are completely random and the remote pre heating is great in the winter.
Thanks for the info Tom that’s good to know!

Nothing taking your fancy either? I see you are a 2017 owner like me.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,319 Posts
Thanks for the info Tom that’s good to know!

Nothing taking your fancy either? I see you are a 2017 owner like me.
That's right 2017 GTE. It's going to be a hard act to follow.

What I really fancy is a low trim mid range ID3 but the prices are looking a good bit higher than I was hoping. Also I'm not prepared to buy any car without a test drive first so I'm biding my time.

I do love the GTE as it fits our use perfectly. In normal times most of our journeys are short and done on electric. The occasional long trip is on petrol and stress free. Then there's the fun of GTE mode when no-one is looking as a bonus. And, of course it feels properly made.

The flashy features are fun but we don't need them. I would much prefer the simplicity of a BEV drivetrain but we need 200 real miles of range and a charging network we can believe in to make our longer trips relaxed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's right 2017 GTE. It's going to be a hard act to follow.

What I really fancy is a low trim mid range ID3 but the prices are looking a good bit higher than I was hoping. Also I'm not prepared to buy any car without a test drive first so I'm biding my time.

I do love the GTE as it fits our use perfectly. In normal times most of our journeys are short and done on electric. The occasional long trip is on petrol and stress free. Then there's the fun of GTE mode when no-one is looking as a bonus. And, of course it feels properly made.

The flashy features are fun but we don't need them. I would much prefer the simplicity of a BEV drivetrain but we need 200 real miles of range and a charging network we can believe in to make our longer trips relaxed.
Yes it really is a good all rounder to which I’m surprised it doesn’t get more recognition, but I suppose cost and actual real world efficiency are always deciding factors.

I have a commute of 6 miles everyday which the GTE is perfect for, plus I can charge at work too. Was tempted by an eGolf, but entering into another long PCP with a 1st gen electric car scares me, especially with electric car tech evolving so quickly.

But then there is the ID3 like you say. Tempting, but I think if I had the cash I’d much rather put it towards a Model 3.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,319 Posts
Yes it really is a good all rounder to which I’m surprised it doesn’t get more recognition, but I suppose cost and actual real world efficiency are always deciding factors.

I have a commute of 6 miles everyday which the GTE is perfect for, plus I can charge at work too. Was tempted by an eGolf, but entering into another long PCP with a 1st gen electric car scares me, especially with electric car tech evolving so quickly.

But then there is the ID3 like you say. Tempting, but I think if I had the cash I’d much rather put it towards a Model 3.
Model 3 is too big for us. Also far too much performance and lowish build quality. I'm too much of a Dodo to access everything through a touch screen. And I certainly don't want it to drive itself partially. Too much of a control freak I suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts