Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
in my app we connect I noticed at "loading" that "reduced" is checked, is this normal or should it be "max"? what did you tick?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My We Connect app stopped getting data from the car on the 29th of June. I raised it with the app support team who investigated and have told me they have a fix but it needs to go to a VW dealer to do the fix!
I'm slightly hesitant about sending it to the dealer as I have read that sometimes they can have the car for weeks and it comes back with other problems. Before this it had been working well for a couple of months despite all of the bad reviews and experiences of others on this forum. Although slow to load up, the info and options (mostly) worked as expected.
Anyone have any experience of a garage visit to fix We Connect issues?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Strangely after receiving the following from Online services Support, totally re-setting MIB3 brought it back "online"
Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services.
We would like to inform you that we have now communicated the technical solution to your preferred service partner * and you may now contact them on +44***** to book your vehicle in for the work, at your convenience.
For your information, the service staff have received the communication from us via telephone and email, please provide them with your case number so that they can locate the solution in their database.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation.
For any further digital services related inquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week).
We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey with your favourite Volkswagen!

Still not sure whether dealer fix necessary on mine to enable setting up "WiFi hotspot" upon Android device or related to outstanding field measure "W-cell modules control unit" whatever that is. Unfortunately my routine service will be due around new registration period, so combined with ID3 software backlog I doubt very much that there will be workshop time available to look at it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine is booked in for a fix next Monday(issue happened about 3 weeks ago), but it burst back into life after 10 days offline, and has been working ok apart from the back-end outages we're all getting now, so I'm going to cancel my appointment rather than risk them breaking something else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my car booked with the VW dealer workshop in a couple of weeks but it started working again at some point over the last month so I've cancelled the booking. Strange that VW thought it would require a shop visit to fix.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's been down again all weekend, I suspect it's not the car, but the dodgy back-end servers.
I'll give it a few more days before raising a ticket.
I'm actually paying for this service since the 3 years free service expired, so I expect better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's been down again all weekend, I suspect it's not the car, but the dodgy back-end servers.
I'm actually paying for this service since the 3 years free service expired, so I expect better.
Its not just mine then...it still showing data from Thursday the 2nd of September even after its says updated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
no its not the car , APP is bugging..often !!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having had a GTE for nearly four years I wouldn't spend a penny on the car net junk. It was so unreliable I uninstalled it and removed the registration from the car. I've got an Enyaq on the way and as they're likely using the same infrastructure as the VW I'm not going to bother registering the car.

One thing I did notice after de- registering the car was the immediate charging screwed up. It would charge for maybe 20 minutes then go off and if come out in the morning to 5 miles on the GOM. When if plug it in and check on it then it would work as it should. Typical junk IT. I got round this by seeing a departure time of 1am charge only to make sure it charged.

All in all VW group are abysmal at IT. But I still really like the GTE as a car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
no its not the car , APP is bugging..often !!
In my case it was the car.
After We Connect not connecting for 5 days I got in touch with their support people who eventually told me I needed to book it into my local vw dealer for the fix. However...., after reading some info on the infotainment reset ( holding the on/off button for 10 seconds) this has fixed it. Can't belive the We Connect support didn't even suggest this! Great support

1 - 20 of 22 Posts