Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I suspect this is a problem at the server side; my app on iPhone hasn’t updated recently but i couldn’t log in earlier (fine yesterday). I can now login (very slowly) but no data is present and it can’t connect to my car. Probably need to give VW some more time to fix it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect this is a problem at the server side; my app on iPhone hasn’t updated recently but i couldn’t log in earlier (fine yesterday). I can now login (very slowly) but no data is present and it can’t connect to my car. Probably need to give VW some more time to fix it.
Yes, you were right. App on phone which wasn’t updated would not connect either. Today both ok.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Agreed, the bit that's missing is the bit that makes it work, net result, its bordering on useless, furthermore (I think) don't they have the nerve to ask you to pay after 2 years?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agreed, the bit that's missing is the bit that makes it work, net result, its bordering on useless, furthermore (I think) don't they have the nerve to ask you to pay after 2 years?
Yes they want you to pay. I for one will not be paying anything to VW for this pretty useless app.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting, I find mine works the majority of the time, and I frequently change charge timers for Agile tariff purposes. there is the odd glitch, but not as many as with Nissan app in my experience. Perhaps with ID.3 coming on stream we can expect a beefier backend across all platforms?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea its a bit em flakey. Their help line is good but my latest failure requires a reset using ODIS whatever that is so the car needs to make a 70 mile round trip to the dealer for that to happen. The renewal date is 28th Jun - its not looking good for renewal!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its interesting that ID3 will be released without Apple car play etc. Obviously software is not a VW strongpoint. £8,000,000,000 to develop and they can't even get it to talk to a iPhone!

·
Registered
66 Posts
HA HA - Even if you try to renew it won't accept payment from either paypall or credit card. Like I say software not their strong point. They are quite good a getting blue spinning gearwheels on your screen though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts