Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning all we are the now the owners of a Pimlico Blue exclusive to be picked up on Monday.
orderd it on Wednesday this week and am over the moon that we get the keys next week.
now need advice on polar charging as all the stations that I visit in my work have polar/chargemaster
charging points.
question 1
is it worth joining polar plus with the monthly fee?
Q2
does the app keep the costs down ?
Q3
looking to start with polar but what other cards/apps would anyone advise in getting.
work in London but will be looking to pop down to the west country/Somerset.

its been a up and down week first orderd car from a diffrent company in november and promised it in dec then promosed in first week jan then last week in jan with both the granny charger and a charging cable so had a podpoint fitted untethered told last week that it wont be with that and would have to wait till Feb ish
? had to order a cable ? so called Richmond's in Portsmouth they had one in stock in Blue and the rest is history ?
sorry for the long rant.(over now lol)
so any advice is greatly received as this is our first foray into EV's

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you join Polar Plus you get 3 months free to see how it goes. It saves you 10p/kWh in rapids so if you do more than 2 charges from low to full-ish a month then it works out cheaper. Or lots of 7kw posts are free to members.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So far for me chargemaster posts have been much more reliable but just my personal experience.

Seems a number of places in my area ( North East ) got charge your car points put in early on but then didn’t maintain them.

I’ve only had the car since December and been on the phone to charge your car support 4 times due to inability to charge.

Done one Ecotricity charge and two Chargemaster rapid charges.

I found this video helpful

·
Registered
92 Posts
Using contactless card, and not needing an app or card, - Instavolt (very easy) Shell and Engenie are 3 more networks that you could put in your Zapmap/Plugshare filters.

Downside is they are expensive, but could be handy for a splash and dash on a longer journey.

·
Registered
199 Posts
good morning all we are the now the owners of a Pimlico Blue exclusive to be picked up on Monday.
orderd it on Wednesday this week and am over the moon that we get the keys next week.
now need advice on polar charging as all the stations that I visit in my work have polar/chargemaster
charging points.
question 1
is it worth joining polar plus with the monthly fee?
Q2
does the app keep the costs down ?
Q3
looking to start with polar but what other cards/apps would anyone advise in getting.
work in London but will be looking to pop down to the west country/Somerset.

its been a up and down week first orderd car from a diffrent company in november and promised it in dec then promosed in first week jan then last week in jan with both the granny charger and a charging cable so had a podpoint fitted untethered told last week that it wont be with that and would have to wait till Feb ish
? had to order a cable ? so called Richmond's in Portsmouth they had one in stock in Blue and the rest is history ?
sorry for the long rant.(over now lol)
so any advice is greatly received as this is our first foray into EV's
SNAP. I got my MG zs ev in pimlico blue 2 weeks ago I'm really pleased with it,no problems at the moment.Enjoy.😁

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Snap snap I got my MG ZS ev exclusive in pimlico blue also.I got mine on the 3rd of march I'm really pleased with it.
I am also very pleased with my Exclusive.
My neighbour ask me what I though about the car today.
First question, “Are you happy with it”.
Followed by, “Is it as good as your VW GTE Golf”.
I have already answered the first question.
The second question is a little harder to answer ONLY because they are two very different types of cars !.
We thrashed this question about for about ten minutes, then he said.
“I would expect it would better then the Golf, given the fact it is pure electric ( fair comment ) there is more space and it’s equipment level, but I guess you would expect this given it’s much more expensive car”.
I then asked him look around the car ( at a safe distance of course ) and opened the doors to show him the the interior detail.
I quickly ran through most of the features of the car, which included range / battery etc.
He has two young children and said the interior space and boot size would be brilliant.
“Pity I could not afford one, too expensive for my pocket”.
I then asked him to place the price of the car.
He said :- “Around 35 Plus ?”.
When I told him the launch price, his responce was.
“NO CHANCE !”.
He was truly shocked.
He keep asking me if I was telling the truth !.
He left shaking his head, then started telling his wife the story.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Snap snap I got my MG ZS ev exclusive in pimlico blue also.I got mine on the 3rd of march I'm really pleased with it.
Wow 4 weeks in isolation is really taking it toll @Graham toyn your now quoting yourself in the 3rd person and replying to yourself lol

Whats up? Can't find any 3 month old posts to revive? lol

The sheer volume of "I've driven my car for the first time in 3 months" posts that will hit the site in a few weeks will probably help resolve your insanity.

Reactions: Gerbro
1 - 9 of 9 Posts