Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, just made the jump and took delivery of my new Passat GTE (Irish car only 1 version)
So far it is a really great car (fully charged current range on app is about 27 miles but I guess this is normal on a new car as read here). What I am not happy with is not being able to send destination from the weconnect app (had that before with 2018 Tiguan). The search option on the sat Nav is quite poor (not using google as the app is ...) My question is: am I the only one missing this option on weconnect and has anyone complained about this ? Thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got my GTE advance in December last year.

I complained to VW about the lack of this feature, including the fact that it was described on their website when I bought the car. They replied that this feature was not available on new GTEs from , if I recall correctly, October 2019 to August 2020 and was not going to be able to be retrofitted. They then said loftily that, because I had voice control on the sat nav, It was not necessary to look up and send destinations from the house. I changed to GTE from Audi A3 Etron and the feature worked perfectly on software from that part of the VW group.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Stuart, I have open a ticket and they said they would escalate it. Not being able able to send addresses is one thing but the poor search option is making this worth (accent are needed when looking for addresses??) Can search using company names (hit and miss really) that sat nav system is not fit for purpose in 2020, I cannot accept this for such an expensive car !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Please let me know if you get a different answer to the one that I got. I agree, the sat nav is poor compared to my Audi and the weconnect app is also poor. I used to get excited and go and look when it told me the car was unlocked and the windows were open. Now I think, their service is down again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ticket has been sent to their technical experts, I will update the thread as soon as I hear back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts