Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got around to getting my wife the ID.4 app today but as soon as she connected it to the car I got an email saying my access to the car via app was removed... Can only one person link to one ID.4?

·
Registered
Kona64
1,656 Posts
My mk7 Gte, I had the phone app on 2 phones and an iPad at the same time. Plus I could go in via the website for when working and could not be arsed to reach over and pick a mobile device up.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It may be that this is not available on the ID* range yet.

In WeConnect I have a permissions option to add extra users, but I cannot see the equivalent in the WeConnect ID app.

Is it an option for you if you login via the website rather than through the app?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may be that this is not available on the ID* range yet.

In WeConnect I have a permissions option to add extra users, but I cannot see the equivalent in the WeConnect ID app.

Is it an option for you if you login via the website rather than through the app?
Looks like that is only for non-ID drivers - when I logged in and tried to add my ID.4 it directs me to the WeConnect ID app...

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,685 Posts
We finally got around to getting my wife the ID.4 app today but as soon as she connected it to the car I got an email saying my access to the car via app was removed... Can only one person link to one ID.4?
Was that using the same login as your account, or with a new and different one?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was that using the same login as your account, or with a new and different one?
Same login. However, your comment got me thinking - I just tried logging in on my phone with my wife's WeConnect account, and it worked! So it looks like you can use one account on multiple phones, just not connect multiple accounts to one ID.4...

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,685 Posts
Same login. However, your comment got me thinking - I just tried logging in on my phone with my wife's WeConnect account, and it worked! So it looks like you can use one account on multiple phones, just not connect multiple accounts to one ID.4...
Yeah, thought it was something like that. I have WeConnect ID on my phone and iPad, and both connect to the car, but haven’t tried setting up a new account and connecting to the car, I’d expect it to boot the old account off.

It should be an option though, especially if the ID app ever gets ‘where’s my car’ type functionality, privacy for some would be a concern.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Looks like that is only for non-ID drivers - when I logged in and tried to add my ID.4 it directs me to the WeConnect ID app...
Yes, it is for non IDs only. WeConnect ID is for the ID range - at the moment it has less functionality than the old app, but over time I am sure they will develop it further, with ability to set charge timers, or as in this case allow for secondary users to also connect to a car.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
207 Posts
its worth watching bjorn's video as he goes through the app and shows watch changes in real time and what requires you to set and then go back to home screen before it changes!
(he is also showing all the bugs and UI inconsistencies!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts