Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've downloaded the app and successfully linked it to the car using the QR code verification process, but when I go into the app, all the services (charging control, zircon control etc etc) are listed as 'not currently available'.
Has anyone had more success than I have, or is this a 'work in progress' ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Can't comment on the ID3, but when I picked up my GTE, it was set to "maximum privacy" and I had to enable the services on the car infotainment system before the app would do anything. Maybe the ID3 has something similar...?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Functionality is limited in the ID app at the moment, but you should be able to start / stop charging, set air con temp and start / stop air con. These screen grabs are for the ID app connected to my GTE

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've downloaded the app and successfully linked it to the car using the QR code verification process, but when I go into the app, all the services (charging control, zircon control etc etc) are listed as 'not currently available'.
Has anyone had more success than I have, or is this a 'work in progress' ?
Hi Nubian
You have had more success than me. I cannot complete the verification process. It gives me two VIN numbers one of which I think is the Golf GTE that I traded in. It gives me a verification code to input into the infotainment system however, the path suggested via the menu doesn't exist!!!! So far the dealership have yet to respond. It doesn't prevent me driving and enjoying the car but would be useful to get it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I got up this morning, there was an email from the 'we connect shop' informing me that my services have been activated. Indeed the app is now operational.
RangeAngst - are you running an ID.3 ? On mine, to prove ownership of the vehicle I had to go into 'settings>weconnect' on the infotainment system - this generated a QR code on-screen which the app then took a picture of.
One other thing to check - when you download and install the app, there's a screen where you need to consent to some kind of data contract, at a cost of £0.00
I'm not sure if I did this when I first installed the app, but I deleted and re-installed it last night, making sure to agree to the contract, and it seemed to do the trick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I got up this morning, there was an email from the 'we connect shop' informing me that my services have been activated. Indeed the app is now operational.
RangeAngst - are you running an ID.3 ? On mine, to prove ownership of the vehicle I had to go into 'settings>weconnect' on the infotainment system - this generated a QR code on-screen which the app then took a picture of.
One other thing to check - when you download and install the app, there's a screen where you need to consent to some kind of data contract, at a cost of £0.00
I'm not sure if I did this when I first installed the app, but I deleted and re-installed it last night, making sure to agree to the contract, and it seemed to do the trick.
Hi Nubian,
You mention the APP takes a photograph of the QR code. I don't seem to have that ability. I downloaded a QR scanner onto my phone scanned it, it took me to the Google Store to download the APP onto my phone. I then go through the registration process but it fails to complete as it gives me a path to enter a code in the infotainment system that doesn't exist. I appear to have two VIN codes in the APP under the vehicle. I contacted the dealership. They had originally asked me to download both the My VW App and the We Connect ID app. They asked me to remove My VW app from my phone as this was "old software" that was possibly causing a conflict. Did as they said tried reinstalling We Connect ID but same outcome - can't get it to register. Will contact dealership again......

·
Registered
987 Posts
Try deleting and re-installing the app and using a different email address for your registration in the app. There is a bug that doesn't let you delete partially registered wrong VIN numbers and the only way around it is to use a 'new' email address for the registration. VW technical support are aware of this bug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
New to the ID world having got ours yesterday. It took a few attempts in store at pick up to sync it all but it worked. Things seemed to work okay, but then when I got home and added my wife's phone onto the app and the same car it moved over most functions to her as a 'primary' user. It then took a number of attempts to get it back to my phone.

It was my understanding that the phone connected essentially saves the settings on that account/user. So far every time I am getting into the car to get going i have to turn off the lane assist, set the climate to 'sync' and the right temperature. I was of the understanding that the WeConnect app would allow me and my wife to have different settings that are loaded/stored and initiated when getting in with that bluetooth connected phone.

A number of things to work out and play with. The app currently letting down the overall experience so far, but the car itself is amazing!!

Happy for any thoughts!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RangeAngst - My feeling is that the VIN issue is at the root of your problem... as far as I know the 'enter a code into the infotainment system' routine is applicable to other vehicles in the range, but only the ID.3 uses the QR code verification routine. This suggests to me that the app thinks your car is something other than an ID.3.
One other thing - you are using the 'WeConnect ID' app rather than the old 'WeConnect' app, aren't you ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
RangeAngst - My feeling is that the VIN issue is at the root of your problem... as far as I know the 'enter a code into the infotainment system' routine is applicable to other vehicles in the range, but only the ID.3 uses the QR code verification routine. This suggests to me that the app thinks your car is something other than an ID.3.
One other thing - you are using the 'WeConnect ID' app rather than the old 'WeConnect' app, aren't you ?
Sorry for the delay in responding. I received a letter from VW (a month ago) suggesting that my services had been enabled. I then checked the APP on the phone - it had sprung into life - however the home screen STILL displays the VW Golf GTE VIN number I traded in, asking me to complete registration!! It is the ID Connect APP I am using. Will eventually get back to Dealership, but it is functioning though annoyingly displaying the other VIN number.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,938 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding. I received a letter from VW (a month ago) suggesting that my services had been enabled. I then checked the APP on the phone - it had sprung into life - however the home screen STILL displays the VW Golf GTE VIN number I traded in, asking me to complete registration!! It is the ID Connect APP I am using. Will eventually get back to Dealership, but it is functioning though annoyingly displaying the other VIN number.
Have you clicked on the car with an arrow over it top right in the App?

If your ID VIN is in there, you can switch to it, and if it isn’t you can add it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts