Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've owned my 2019 eGolf for just over 1 year.

Does anyone know whether the App that's available for the new ID3 (I presume there is one) can be used for our "old" eGolfs?

I ask as I imagine it may "talk" to the car better than the old WeConnect app. OR maybe it only works properly for ID3s and we're left on the old WeConnect.

My personal issue with WeConnect is it never flippin turns on my heating or AC when plugged in. i.e. as a pre-heat or pre-cool whilst sitting on your driveway before a journey.

Cheers
Bryan

·
Registered
570 Posts
As Arianto says - yes it will work with eGolf and GTE. No departure time setting or journey history (yet)

The app is much quicker to start up, and more responsive. I don't think the connection to the car is any more reliable. I think car connection issues are down to the mobile signal where the car is more than anything else

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agree with above - works much faster than the original, don't mind about the charge schedule as I use the smart charging functionality on the charger anyway. I'm just happy that I can now see the battery percentage (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's definitely a better app and they are regularly updating. on the first page of the app i get a picture of an ID3 - is there a way to make this a picture of a golf instead? ( i get a golf on the 2nd page)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't get a Golf on either page, can't seem to change it. it's not that quick but it seems to be compared to the ultra slow original app. I worry it's only quicker because the Servers it is connecting to don't have to deal with as many requests yet. Will it stay quicker as sales rise and features are added?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble with WeConnect (and the ID version), I’ve been seeing the same data (range etc) since the beginning of October, no updates at all since then.....?

Tried uninstalling the app(s), logging out and back in etc but still the same data.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
So, still no data since October in either app or the web portal.

I decided to ring for help and a very efficient German lady took details, she decided there were no communications between the car and their servers so escalated it to a different team and “told me to wait” 😬.

Email receipt straight away, then 50 minutes later another email saying:

“Our technical team has examined the issue you have been experiencing and has determined that the application of a technical solution is required”

They went on to request contact details for my preferred VW dealer, so they could “convey the technical solution to them.”

All very rapid, efficient and encouraging! Place your bets on just how long it will take the local shower to reply and/or do nothing 😬

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yep, same for me since 3 November. We Connect support told me:

"We have checked your vehicle through our system, which indicates a communicational discrepancy ongoing since the 04/11. Due to this, we will escalate your case with our technical experts for examination..."

"We are pleased to be able to tell you that, based on our analysis, a solution is available for the problem you encounter when trying to use the “Security & Service Plus” service package.

In order to carry out the necessary steps, it is necessary that you visit your authorised Volkswagen service facility."

They won't tell me what the problem is.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pretty sure mine arrived in the UK on 10 December 2019, but I didn't take delivery until 7 January 2020 thanks to some VW emissions quota rubbish.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got the Id3 app last night and it works fine with my 20 e-golf, except that it’s a white instead of black. It’s got nothing useful yet except the percentage charge

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's what I've got after pushing We Connect Support for an explanation:

"The issue you are encountering stems from the vehicle’s embedded connectivity unit. This unit is responsible for sending data to the Volkswagen Servers and from there to the app and at the same time for receiving commands from the application. It appears that since the 4th of November, this unit has not been able to go online which understandably results in all information in the app being outdated and all attempts to use remote functions to fail. As such the workshop will need to take action so as to rectify the above in order for the vehicle to be able to go online. Kindly note that the WLAN connection that you as the user provide to the vehicle is not relevant when it comes to the functions of the “Security & Service” package as those rely on the embedded connectivity unit. You would still be able to use the navigation based “Guide & Inform” services which rely on your own hotspot in the meantime (which however offer different functions)."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts