Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the Ecotricity rapid here yesterday. Worked fine, connector seemed easier to handle then at Rownhams. And once I had remembered to switch timed charge off it worked fine....!

140 mile round trip, Telford - Stoke- Wednesbury and back.

Arrived with 30%. Aware it was a busy bank holiday so grateful the space free. Went to the cafe (good value) and after 45 mins came back and checked - was at 89%, no other ev waiting so decided to leave it charging as anticipating possibly diverting round heavy traffic on return journey.

Away longer than expected as ended up orderering solar panels. Car had "finished" charging though had stopped at 94% - am guessing the charger may be limited to 60 minutes like at Norwich Nissan before restarting. Left with 94% as enough. Cable able to be removed without card - would be happy for others to do this on my car if away.

Again a type 2 32 amp would have fully charged me in that time. I would not have felt the need to return to keep checking no ev waiting for the one rapid. And more type 2 spaces available for the money.

But credit to Ikea for having charging, keeping the space free on a busy Sunday - and to Ecotricity :)

Had additional customers yesterday as a result...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good spot for us Shropshire folk this... I lost my 'RC virginity' there two weeks ago in the time it took for me to drink the free coffee they also offer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts