Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another great week with the zoe.

Finally got my PiM card this week, i have a waitrose just 6 miles from my house and on the way home from work. It's a rapid chargemaster unit which i had not used before. I stopped in there a couple of times this week to charge my car. For the first time since having my zoe the ZE light started flashing red! Not sure if it was me, the zoe or the charging point but after a couple of time unplugging and plugging back it the car charged. This has happened both times i used the charge point but both times got a charge so no harm no foul.

Took a trip to Derby at the weekend knowing i wouldn't have enough charge to get home but knowing there was a charging point where i was going. Parked up bays were ICE free and there was an ampera already there charging. It was meant to be 7kw but i think it was only 3kw as the charge time showed 5hrs but got just enough to get me home.

All in all a great week

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's good to hear, I'm hoping I will be in mine very shortly :) i have already found my nearest rapid charger to try. i sound so much like a noob! Lol

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Didn't know Waitrose had rapids.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in waitrose lichfield, part of PiM and polar. It's 1 of 2 charging points in lichfield so it's great for me. The next rapid charger is about 16 miles from my house and in the opposite direction from my normal daily driving.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's in waitrose lichfield, part of PiM and polar. It's 1 of 2 charging points in lichfield so it's great for me. The next rapid charger is about 16 miles from my house and in the opposite direction from my normal daily driving.
My experience over four months is not to rely on it. I had mixed results on AC and DC sides.
Didn't know about the other charger in Lichfield?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@John2 I've used the waitrose charger 4 times and everytime i need to unplug and plug back in at least twice to get it to work other than that its been ok so far.

·
Registered
243 Posts
is it usual for waitroses to have charging points, we have one, that's opened up near to my wifes work, she can always top her charge there, as her asda doesn't have charging points (yet, as she is hounding her bosses to get some installed)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts