Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has picked up a corsa e and so far the experience has been pretty good. We have the usuall app issues which for 2021 isn't great, but overall the car is brilliant except for one thing:

When putting the indicator to left, the car momentarily warns to check indicator and presents the service spanner. This does not happen on indicating right, it does not matter what the lane assist is set to and there aren't any problems with the lighting itself.

Attached are shots of the dashboard(stationary) to display the issue. Any ideas are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can replicate the issue take it to the stealer so they can fix it
Yes issue is easy to replicate and we have it booked in for 16th. I was intrigued if anyone had the same issue and knew the fix, going into stealers forearmed is always better 😀

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,975 Posts
That's weird. I must admit the indicator stalk on the Corsa is about the worst and most horrible one I've had on any car.

Clear warranty issue and with video proof they can't argue the problem doesn't exist either!

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
300 Posts
Sounds like an indicator bulb is burnt/not functioning.
I think the front ones are LED but the rear one may use standard filament bulbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for your replies, to update car is going into dealer on the 16th Dec for this and other things, if we get a clear answer on what the issue was I will stick it up on here in case others have the same.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
33,068 Posts
My wife has picked up a corsa e and so far the experience has been pretty good. We have the usuall app issues which for 2021 isn't great, but overall the car is brilliant except for one thing:

When putting the indicator to left, the car momentarily warns to check indicator and presents the service spanner. This does not happen on indicating right, it does not matter what the lane assist is set to and there aren't any problems with the lighting itself.

Attached are shots of the dashboard(stationary) to display the issue. Any ideas are welcome.
Are you sure your rear left always illuminates, still with this error code? (not on hazards, but with indicator)

If the rear left is not working and someone (cyclist?) piles up the left side of you while doing a left turn, I'd call that your fault.

So, it's definitely an issue to check asap, because even if your lights are working, what if they stop working? You then get no further warning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have checked the indicator lights and all working, they all light up as they should. Included in my starter post "and there aren't any problems with the lighting itself." Probably bad English but I meant all lights light up as they should and there aren't any defective bulbs or whatever that I see. So far it's merely a warning as the stalk moves over to the left indication which suggests a contact issue in the electrical circuit to me. Operating the hazards doesn't produce the same warning so again suggests that the problem lies within the stalk. Hopefully dealer can sort it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts