Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
ID.4 First Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed this before? At first it sounded like creaking plastic while driving, but then it continued when I was parked. It sounds like it's coming from what I assume is a front speaker along the top of the dashboard, and it continues with the fans/AC off, the audio muted or completely off, and regardless of balance/fader settings.

The only hunch I've got so far is that I first noticed it after my wife's phone had been playing audio via Bluetooth and then went out of range. The next time I drove the car to pick her up it was fine right up until her phone got back in range and reconnected. Maybe a coincidence?

I took a video, hoping I can upload it here (oh I can't. here's a Youtube link instead:
). I wasn't expecting my whisper to be picked up so please ignore that. 馃槄

It's one of those things that I won't be able to un-notice and is likely to drive me mad! Hoping it's something stupid that will be fixed in an update, but if anyone else has noticed it or has any better ideas as to what it could be please let me know!

Registered
No , I have it too. But not as bad as you. I have found it usually happens when I park up and switch off the 'engine'. As the music stops I get a loud popping from the right hand side near me. Usually only once. Only happened a couple of times but I shall be keeping an eye on it.

Premium Member
I have this occasionally in my id3 which is still running the early software. I wondered if it was to do with poor shielding for the radio antenna or something similar.

Premium Member
I reckon mine is doing it when it auto-switches to FM (ie when the DAB signal is weak). Not sure if that鈥檚 helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts