Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Newbie here. I have just taken delivery of a new e Niro 4+ (Very luckily I ordered it 2 days before the government grant was withdrawn on cars >£35k).
I’ve only had the car a couple of days, but it’s looking likely this could be the best car I’ve ever had, including a lot of supposedly prestige brands. Spent a bit of time going through the manual, but I haven’t yet seen anything relating to turning off the slightly annoying welcome sound. The dealer told me it can be done, but I didn’t get the chance to ask how.
I’ve also looked through this forum without success, though I guess there may be a discussion on it somewhere. Can anyone shed any light on how this is done, please?
Two other questions if anyone can help:
  • How do you add your Home address in the sat nav?
  • Is there any way to permanently display the driving mode as opposed to just seeing “Eco”, ”Normal” and “Sport” flash up briefly when you cycle through them?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,536 Posts
  • It can't be done. Just, before starting the car, fasten your seatbelt and all passengers too.
  • Park your car at your house, press the nav button on the centre console. And on the screen click Home, and follow the steps.
  • Normal is the only one that doesn't display anything. Both the other modes have a permanent name/colour change on your dashboard. Look closely, top middle of dash.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
235 Posts
I've got into the habit of pressing the brake and power button the instant I get in. then by the time I'm ready to drive off it's all finished and the irritating safety message on the display has gone as well.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
918 Posts
Whenever you ask car sales folk anything they don’t know they virtually always go into this really annoying “make it up as I go” mode. Then the BS flows freely and uncontrollably thereafter. They haven’t got the courage to say “I’m sorry I don’t know but I’ll try and find out for you...”. Car stealerships lost all credibility with me a long time ago. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. Peter

Reactions: Bobdniro

·
Registered
Kia eNiro 4+, White
280 Posts
The salesman I bought my car off admitted he knew almost nothing about the car model - despite him driving it as a daily
Just handed me the keys and said the equivalent of "go find out"

Worked for me

·
Registered
262 Posts
Normal is the only one that doesn't display anything. Both the other modes have a permanent name/colour change on your dashboard. Look closely, top middle of dash.
also when in sport mode the rhs segment of the lhs dial turns a red colour.

I cannot stifle my Korean washing machine either, I get the happy tunes starting and stopping it.
.... same goes with my Samsung washing machine 😟... I know the tune note-perfect now 😀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts