Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e. Premium Elite Nav 11kWh
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I noticed tonight that my welcome lights no longer illuminate, and by that I mean the headlamps. I have the matrix derivative, and previously at night they would come on when I unlocked the car and flash a few times and then fade in and out twice before remaining illuminated. Now there is nothing, the puddle lights come on but that's it. My DRLs do not illuminate when I unlock during the day either, however I don't know if they used to or not. When I press the 'start' button the lights come on as expected and perform the calibration 'dance', and the auto high beam etc all works as it should.

I have a 2022 Premium Elite Nav, I have tried turning the function on and off again with no luck. I've also changed the time delay and tried 15s, 30s and 60s - this hasn't helped either.

If anyone could shine some light (pun intended, sorry) on the issue that would be great. Has anyone had this before?

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille

I added an LED strip just for a bit of fun, it's not connected to the headlamp in any way at all, so it's not that that has caused the problem.

Thanks, Jon.

Registered
The Mokka I had did the same thing.
Do you have your battery monitor thing plugged in and working OK?
Once the battery depletes to a certain % the welcome lights stop working.
To test if that's the case for you, ypu can do a climate cycle just before going out to the car, the battery when being charged at 13.6v will fool the gubbins into allowimg the welcome lights to work.
The 12v battery needs to be kept at a high % charge otherwise there will be a few more things to piss ypu off. From what I could eirk out it needs to be above 12.53v, below that and they don't work. The doors unlocking can bring the voltage down well below that so unless the battery us in goid order and highly charged it can be a struggke. For me the ussue was fown to numerous short trips without many long ones to help keep the 12v charged.

Gaz

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, what do you mean by a climate cycle?

I checked my battery today and it was sitting at 12.45V

I also noticed today there is an outstanding recall on my car on the DVLA site, unfortunately it doesn't tell me what the recall is. Is there a site I can use to see what the recall is? For my previous Fords I would use ETIS

Jon.

Registered
Thanks for the response, what do you mean by a climate cycle?

I checked my battery today and it was sitting at 12.45V

I also noticed today there is an outstanding recall on my car on the DVLA site, unfortunately it doesn't tell me what the recall is. Is there a site I can use to see what the recall is? For my previous Fords I would use ETIS

Jon.
Climate on the app, preheat ir precondition in many people's vocabulary, see the attached pic.

There are a few sites people use for recalls and various bits of info but the issue is the SoC of your 12v battery.
The cold isn't helping.
I found mine was going down below 80% even when I tried to get it to charge, could your LED strip be draining the battery a little more than Vauxhall have catered for along with dash cams and everything else?
If you can stick a smart charger on the battery for a day it should all work again.

Gaz

Map World Font Parallel Screenshot

Premium Member
2014 Model S
Recall might be one for the emissions cycle that a load of corsas have been recalled for. Seems bizarre for the EVs to be affected but there we are.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Climate on the app, preheat ir precondition in many people's vocabulary, see the attached pic.

There are a few sites people use for recalls and various bits of info but the issue is the SoC of your 12v battery.
The cold isn't helping.
I found mine was going down below 80% even when I tried to get it to charge, could your LED strip be draining the battery a little more than Vauxhall have catered for along with dash cams and everything else?
If you can stick a smart charger on the battery for a day it should all work again.

Gaz

View attachment 171607
Hi Gaz, sorry for the late reply. It's annoying when you give advice and don't get feedback, well it annoys me lol.

I did as you suggested and pre conditioned the climate then unlocked the car, bingo the welcome lights came on as they should. You're suspicions of it being the 12v were spot on, I think it may be the ctek monitor causing a parasitic drain. I'm going to remove it tomorrow, then stick the 12v on charge with my NOCO smart charge thing.

You mentioned there are websites where I can find out what the recall is for my car, do you know any of them?

Thanks again, jon

Registered
I can't quote any particular site, I just phone the dealer to be honest but I know they exist from mentions elsewhere.

I returned my cteck in the end, even the techie at cteck said they were shyte, he recommended returning it to amazon as faulty and buying something else, lol.

Gaz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts