Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
We love PlugInsure here at Drive Green. They have always provided us and our customers with the best quotes for our EVs. It is their experience in the EV market that makes the difference. They may well be the only insurance company we've dealt with that doesn't get confused by the Zoe battery lease!

We highly recommend you give them a try come renewal!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just got a quick sample quote and it was a just over £120 cheaper than the best quote on moneysupermarket. I will definitely try them when my insurance renewal is due in may.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quick quote from them was about £25 more than last year's "Quote me Happy" premium. Will revisit when July renewal is due.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Just had a customer today quoted £520 by his current insurer for a Leaf Tekna.

PlugInsure got him insured in 10 minutes for less than half the price!
Same story as me. I checked the comparison sites, the other big insurers. Best quotes were in the region of £500, compared to £365 last year. I felt that was somewhat rediculous; the only year where my insurance has been more than £500 was my first year of driving.

Pluginsure quoted £273.99 on their quick quote. The full quote came out at the same amount.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Another thumbs up for PlugInsure. Although the quote was about £30 more than the cheapest we got, it was better coverage like-for-like and the fact a real person answer the phone when you ring is worth £30 a year!

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
£585 now - £413 with Plugshare! will be calling them for sure soon!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi @pluginsure, please can you explain the reluctance of insurers to quote for younger drivers on EVs? It seems crazy that the next generation of drivers are being forced into ICE cars because they can't get cover in EV. I looked on your site and 25 is the youngest age in the drop downs. We'd love to have our older kids driving the Zoe, but can't get them on. Are the costs / risks really so much higher? I'd love my daughter to be able to drive EV from when she starts driving this year and never need to consider having to own an ICE. Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi @pluginsure, please can you explain the reluctance of insurers to quote for younger drivers on EVs? It seems crazy that the next generation of drivers are being forced into ICE cars because they can't get cover in EV. I looked on your site and 25 is the youngest age in the drop downs. We'd love to have our older kids driving the Zoe, but can't get them on. Are the costs / risks really so much higher? I'd love my daughter to be able to drive EV from when she starts driving this year and never need to consider having to own an ICE. Thanks
Bump... :whistle:

·
Newcomer to EV world
60 Posts
Not sure what changed but I got quote from them for 65 Reg Zoe £960!!! And I am 40 years old. We paid less for X5 when it was new!

Very strange

·
Registered
544 Posts
Volvo V60 plug in isn't on the list. :(
I tried to get a quote online for a MINI PHEV but they list BEVs / REXs so I phoned them and he said he would give it a go and surprised himself by coming up with a competitive quote from LV=.

In the end, Aviva came out top for me (£350) which was about £28 cheaper than the LV= one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts